Adur Local Plan 2014
The Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 was published for representations under Regulation 19 of the Town & Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 between 20th October and 1st December 2014.
42 responses were received from a variety of stakeholders including organizations, businesses and residents and these can be viewed in the report linked below. These responses have been considered by officers and can be viewed below:
- Adur Floodwatch Group (321KB)
- Andy Collins (237KB)
- Arun District Council (106KB)
- Boyer Planning (253KB)
- Brighton & Hove Bus & Coach Company (478KB)
- Brighton & Hove CC (167KB)
- Brighton City Airport Ltd (2,435KB)
- Cemex (390KB)
- Councillor Mike Glennon (244KB)
- CPRE Sussex (9,716KB)
- DMH Stallard (1,361KB)
- East Sussex County Council (95KB)
- Elizabeth Robinson (303KB)
- Environment Agency (878KB)
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (243KB)
- Gladman Developments (405KB)
- Highways Agency (101KB)
- Home Builders Federation (191KB)
- Lancing College (673KB)
- Lancing Manor SE Residents Network (325KB)
- Landstone (843KB)
- Marine Management Organisation (18KB)
- Mid Sussex District Council (85KB)
- National Farmers Union (305KB)
- Natural England (220KB)
- New Monks Farm (5,362KB)
- Persimmon Homes (139KB)
- Rabbit Waste Management Ltd (673KB)
- Ricardo (248KB)
- RPS Planning and Development (268KB)
- Shoreham & District Ornithological Society (1,025KB)
- Shoreham Airport Consultative Committee (247KB)
- Sompting Parish Council (929KB)
- Southern Water (79KB)
- Sport England (270KB)
- Stella Lewis (653KB)
- Sussex Wildlife Trust (153KB)
- Theatres Trust (240KB)
- Thornton Architecture + Design (2,610KB)
- West Beach Residents Association (388KB)
- West Sussex County Council (80KB)
- Worthing Borough Council (202KB)
Index of Representations:
- Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 - Index of Representations (26KB)
- Representations 2014 in Policy Order (1,321KB)
A summary of the representations received is included below:
Adur District Council prepared the Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 for publication in accordance with Regulation 19 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012.
The Plan was published for representations from 20th October to 5pm on 1st December 2014.
This document sets out a vision for Adur up to 2031. It contains strategic planning policies to deliver new homes, jobs and infrastructure.
These policies and principles will shape the future of the area and will be used in the consideration of planning applications.
The Council intends to submit the Local Plan to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government following publication.
Statement of Representation Procedures:
- This document sets out, amongst other things, the publication period and the location of the documents for inspection, and provides information regarding making a representation.
- Statement of Representation Procedures (116KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 Part 1:
- includes: the front cover, the introduction, context and Vision and Objectives of the Plan.
- Adur Local Plan - Part 1 (561KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 Part 2:
- includes: key strategic policies and allocations.
- Adur Local Plan - Part 2 (1,581KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 Part 3:
- includes: policies for specific parts of Adur (Lancing, Sompting, Shoreham-By-Sea, Southwick and Fishersgate), Adur's countryside and coast and Local Green Gaps.
- Adur Local Plan - Part 3 (533KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 Part 4
- contains: Development Management policies
- Adur Local Plan - Part 4 (1,071KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 Appendices:
- includes: a list of saved policies that will be replaced by the new Plan; how the Local Plan policies will deliver the Vision and Objectives of the Plan; a spatial portrait of Adur, Shoreham Harbour regeneration viability and deliverability progress update, delivery, implementation and monitoring of Adur Local Plan policies; Policies Map Proposed Changes; and a glossary.
- Adur Local Plan - Appendices (11,553KB)
Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan Policies Map and Inset Map:
- These maps show all the strategic allocations and other key policy areas in Adur.
- Adur Local Plan - Policies Map (14,088KB)
- Adur Local Plan - Inset Maps (4,028KB)
Background Evidence Document:
- This document gives some context to the policies and proposals in the Adur Local Plan and includes information on: defining the built up area boundary, defining Local Green Gaps; a Transport Assessment summary; and evidence to support Policy 23: Density.
- Background Evidence Document (3,309KB)
- This document is a mechanism for considering and communicating the likely effects of the Local Plan, and alternatives to avoid and mitigate adverse effects and maximise the positives. Sustainability Appraisal of the Local Plan is a legal requirement stemming from the EU Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive).
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Adur Local Plan - Report (5,595KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Adur Local Plan - Non Technical Summary (583KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) of the Adur Local Plan - Technical Appendices (1,867KB)
Statement of Consultation 2014:
- This explains the role of consultation in developing the Adur Local Plan.
- Statement of Consultation (398KB)
Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Opinion
Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Opinion Addendum:
- This document assesses the potential effects of the Local Plan on the Natura 2000 network (ie the network of European protected sites).
- Adur Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) - September 2012 (601KB)
- Adur Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) - addendum 2014 (88KB)
Sequential and Exception Test:
- This document clarifies the flood zones for each allocation/site in the Local Plan and shows how the Council has undertaken a risk-based approach to the selection of allocations/sites.
- Sequential and Exception Test for the Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014 - October 2014 (2,216KB)
Housing Implementation Strategy 2014:
- This sets out the Council's proposed approach to managing the delivery of housing over the Local Plan period 2011 to 2031
- Housing Implementation Strategy - October 2014 (967KB)
Adur Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment 2014 (SHLAA):
- This study identifies the housing potential of sites within the Adur Local Plan area.
- Adur Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) - Final Report - October 2014 (11,070KB)
Adur Duty to Co-operate Statement 2014:
- This statement sets out how Adur District Council has addressed the legal Duty to Co-operate in the production of the Adur Local Plan.
- Adur Duty to Cooperate Statement - October 2014 (2,771KB)
Adur Equalities and Health Impact Assessment 2014:
- This assesses the impact of the Local Plan on health and equalities issues.
- Health and Equalities Impact Assessment - October 2014 (1,229KB)
Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2014:
- This document evaluates current conditions and challenges affecting Adur's infrastructure, identifies key infrastructure shortfalls in the context of future growth in Adur, and identifies how shortfalls will be met.
- Adur Infrastructure Delivery Plan 2014 (1,466KB)
- Please note that evidence studies which have informed the Local Plan may be found at:
Frequently asked questions:
During the consultation period paper copies of the Proposed Submission Adur Local Plan 2014, the Policies Map, response forms and supporting documents were available at the following locations for inspection:
- Adur Civic Centre, Ham Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 6PR
- Shoreham Library, St Mary's Road, Shoreham-by-Sea BN43 5ZA
- Lancing Library, Penstone Park, Lancing BN15 9DL
- Southwick Library, Southdown Road, Southwick, BN42 4FT
In addition to providing copies of the documents in accordance with Regulations 19 and 35, reference copies were placed at:
- Sompting Parish Council, Harriet Johnson Centre, Old School House, Loose Lane, Lancing, BN15 0BG
- Lancing Parish Council, Parish Hall, South Street, Lancing BN15 8AJ
The consultation period is now closed.
The Publication period took place for six weeks from 20th October to 5:00pm 1st December 2014.
Late representations cannot be considered.
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 21 November 2019