Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation (October 2018)
Worthing Borough Council is preparing its new development plan, called the Worthing Local Plan.
When adopted, the Plan will be a key document in shaping the future of the borough over a 15 year period as it provides the strategy for growth, setting out what development will take place and where.
When in place, the new Plan will replace the borough's existing local planning policies and will be an important consideration in deciding planning applications.
The Draft Plan, that set out the Council's preferred options, were published for consultation between 31st October and 12th December 2018. The Draft Local Plan and all supporting documents are still available to view using the links below. The full version of the representations submitted to the Council during the consultation along with a number of summary reports can be found at the bottom of this page.
You can read a summary of the Draft Local Plan here:
You can download the whole document:
or just the relevant section(s):
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation - Part 1 - Introduction (999KB)
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation - Part 2 - Spatial Strategy (1,028KB)
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation - Part 3 - Sites (3,836KB)
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation - Part 4 - Core Policies (and glossary) (1,576KB)
You can also view hard copies of the plans and attend one of our consultation events.
Topic summary leaflets
- Spatial Strategy (429KB)
- Sites Summary (721KB)
- Housing (331KB)
- Economy (341KB)
- Environment (310KB)
- Sustainable Communities (410KB)
- Connectivity (415KB)
- Heritage (398KB)
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
The Council has put together some Frequently Asked Questions about the Draft Local Plan which can be viewed below:
- Interim Duty To Co-Operate Statement (Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation) (8,074KB)
- Housing Implementation Strategy (787KB)
- Review of Existing Policies Against Policies in Draft Worthing Local Plan (989KB)
- Sequential & Exceptions Test (Draft Worthing Local Plan Consultation) (696KB)
Given the significant levels of housing need in the Borough the Council is always keen to know of any potential development sites. If you are aware of any sites that are at least 0.25 hectares in size OR capable of supporting at least 5 dwellings please let us know. For more information please see:
Please complete the following form with the requested information so that we can undertake a full assessment:
- Call for Sites response form - Brownfield Land Register Part 1 - SHLAA - Worthing - to type into (41KB)
- Call for Sites response form - Brownfield Land Register Part 1 - SHLAA - Worthing - to hand write (37KB)
All representations that were received during the consultation period can be viewed below. The representations are separated into two files with an accompanying index file:
- E (electronic - those that used the bespoke e-form); and
- M (manually scanned).
Where appropriate, identifying information has been redacted for data protection reasons:
- Index to Draft Worthing Local Plan Oct 2018 Representations - 'E' (81KB)
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Oct 2018 - 'E' Representations (2,923KB)
- Index to Draft Worthing Local Plan Oct 2018 Representations - 'M' (151KB)
- Draft Worthing Local Plan Oct 2018 - 'M' Representations (68,676KB)
A consultation report and a summary of the representations received has been published:
- Consultation Summary Report - Draft Worthing Local Plan 2019 (1,537KB)
- Summary of Representations - Draft Worthing Local Plan 2019 (772KB)
- Report to Planning Committee 27/03/2019 - Draft Worthing Local Plan 2019 (394KB)
The Council would like to thank everyone for their representations which will help to inform subsequent stages as the new Local Plan is progressed.
Contact Planning Policy
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,