Worthing Infrastructure Planning/IDP
Infrastructure can take many forms, it can be defined in physical, green and community terms, and is essential to support the Council's objectives of increased housing provision, economic growth and mitigating climate change, as well as creating thriving and sustainable communities. Planning and delivery are the means by which these infrastructure needs are identified and planned for, and how it then comes about.
Worthing Borough Council has signed a Statement of Common Ground (April 2020) which sets out the process and arrangements for cooperation between West Sussex County Council in relation to the following statutory and non-statutory functions and services: Minerals Planning; Waste Planning; Waste Disposal; Education; Transport; Flood Risk Management; Library Service; Public Health Service; Adult Services; Fire and Rescue Service.
IDP (October 2018)
The Council has prepared this working draft Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP) to ensure that the emerging Worthing Local Plan can be supported by necessary infrastructure provision. The delivery of the right levels and type of infrastructure is essential to support new homes, economic growth and to protect the environment. It is important to note that the IDP is a mechanism for identifying the future infrastructure requirements of development proposed as a result of the Worthing Local Plan.
This document is the 'second' IDP for Worthing and supersedes the IDP published in 2010 which was prepared to support the Worthing Core Strategy (2011). The IDP is a 'live' evidence base document that will be regularly reviewed and updated as the Local Plan progresses.
- Part A Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Main Report (635KB)
- Part B Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Position Statements (560KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - Edge of Town - North East Worthing (25KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - Edge of Town - West Worthing (24KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - Edge of Town - North West Worthing (50KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - PDL Sites - Town Centre Sites (22KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - PDL Sites - Outside of Town Centre (23KB)
- Part C Infrastructure Delivery Plan - Delivery Schedules - PDL Sites - Durrington Station (21KB)
This plan evaluates the current conditions and challenges affecting Worthing's infrastructure, as well as developing a new vision for that infrastructure by identifying key infrastructure shortfalls and how they can be met.
Transport evidence to support the new Local Plan (August 2018)
To inform and support the development of the new Worthing Local Plan this report provides a transport evidence base which demonstrates the traffic implications of potential new land use development and identifies an associated package of transport improvements.
Contact Planning Policy
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,