Book/request a pest control service
Adur & Worthing Councils do not operate our own pest control service. However we have entered into an agreement with an external supplier called Dial a Pest (also known as SDK Environmental Services) to provide a service for residential properties.
Fees: all prices include VAT:
- Fleas and bedbugs: £79.20
- Mice: £66
- Rats: £66
- Wasps nest: £54
- Cockroaches: £106.80
Adur Homes tenants: Please note that we do not treat pests in your flat, house or garden. We will treat pests in common areas only. To report pests in a common area, please see: Request a repair.
Commercial: Dial a Pest also provide services for commercial properties, but different rates apply. Managing agents or letting agencies will be charged a commercial rate for services, unless they are booked by the tenant directly.
If you need a pest control service please use the relevant link below:
Note: When you click on a link below a page of instructions display briefly for about 5 seconds - please wait - it will then transfer you to a page where you can book that service:
- This service is directly provided by Dial a Pest (SDK Environmental Services - not Adur & Worthing Councils), please contact Dial a Pest about the service or if you have any queries
- Other pest control services are available, the British Pest Controllers Association (BCPA) provides details of its approved members and you can search for companies in your local area. Please see the BCPA website
Advice about pests
As a general rule, it is an individual's responsibility to deal with the pests on his or her premises.
Some can be dealt with by homeowners and business owners themselves, using products readily available from retail outlets.
However, others need special treatments and it is essential to get proper, professional advice on how to deal with them safely and quickly, without damaging the environment, affecting people's health or causing damage to the property.
Below is some useful advice on how you can deal with a number of different pests and the hazards they can pose:
Or on our website:
- Biscuit Beetles
- Pigeons (feral pigeons)
- Seagulls (Gulls)
- Wasps (and hornets)
Or other pest advice on external websites:
- Ants - on the Wikipedia website
- Bats - please note bats are protected by law - for information see:
- Booklice (Psocids/Psocoptera) - on the Wikipedia website
- Brown tail moths and caterpillars - on the Wikipedia website
- Crane fly / Daddy long legs - on the Wikipedia website
- Earwigs - on the Wikipedia website
- False widow spiders (Steatoda) - on the Wikipedia website
- Harlequin ladybirds - on the Wikipedia website
- Maybugs / Cockchafers - on the Wikipedia website
- Moles - on the Wikipedia website
- Scarlet lily beetles / Red Lily Beetles - on the Wikipedia website
- Silverfish - on the Wikipedia website
- Slugs - on the Wikipedia website
- Snails - on the Wikipedia website
- Woodlice - on the Wikipedia website
The following Acts relate to Pest Control. There are numerous other Acts which maybe taken into consideration.
- Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 - on the UK Legislation website
- Protection of Animals Act 1911 - on the UK Legislation website
- Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1927 - on the UK Legislation website
- Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 - on the UK Legislation website
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Pest Control service: provided by Dial a Pest (SDK Environmental Services)
Page last updated: 10 October 2022