Flood risk (Adur and Worthing)
This information applies to both Adur and Worthing.
On the West Sussex County Council website:
A Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) (2020) has been prepared by JBA Consulting on behalf of Adur & Worthing Councils. The report has been prepared to provide comprehensive and supporting evidence for the emerging Worthing Local Plan, as well as to inform future updates to the Adur Local Plan that was adopted in 2017. This report only considers the Local Plan areas of Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council, the parts of the District and Borough that are outside of the South Downs National Park.
This SFRA was required to be compliant with the latest guidance described in the revised National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) (February 2019, updated June 2019) and accompanying Planning Practice Guidance (PPG). The 2020 SFRA provides flood risk evidence and long-term strategy to support the management and planning of development, protect the environment and deliver infrastructure. It also supports the selection of site allocations in Local Plan reviews and provides information and guidance to be used in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessments in support of site-specific planning applications.
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) - July 2020 (7,162KB)
- SFRA - Adur & Worthing Level 2 Strategic Flood Risk Assessment - site sheets (104,998KB)
Level 1 Appendices:
- SFRA - Appendix A - Historic Flooding (5,728KB)
- SFRA - Appendix B - Watercourses (4,798KB)
- SFRA - Appendix C - Fluvial and Tidal Flood Zones (5,803KB)
- SFRA - Appendix D - Fluvial and tidal climate change (5,690KB)
- SFRA - Appendix E - RoFSW (6,382KB)
- SFRA - Appendix F - RoFSW Climate Change (6,132KB)
- SFRA - Appendix G - Impact of sea level rise upon surface water flood risk (5,757KB)
- SFRA - Appendix H - JBA Groundwater Flood Risk Mapping (5,928KB)
- SFRA - Appendix I - Impact of sea level rise upon groundwater (5,720KB)
- SFRA - Appendix J1 - Flood Defences (5,750KB)
- SFRA - Appendix J2 - Flood Defence Type (5,734KB)
- SFRA - Appendix J3 - Flood Defence Standard of Protection (5,728KB)
- SFRA - Appendix J4 - Flood Defence Condition (5,739KB)
- SFRA - Appendix K - FWAs and FAAs (6,038KB)
- SFRA - Appendix L - Adur and Worthing Level 1 Site Screening (132KB)
- SFRA - Appendix M - Tidal Risk Zones Technical Note (403KB)
This hydrogeological report was produced by Capita on behalf of New Monks Farm Developments Ltd. The report was not commissioned by the Council. Nevertheless, it forms a key part of the evidence base for the emerging Adur Local Plan and helps provide a greater understanding of the geology and groundwater issues in the area.
Below is the flood risk Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by Adur District Council, the Environment Agency and West Sussex County Council:
- Flood Risk MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) - Adur DC, Environment Agency and WSCC (Jan 2017) (329KB)
Contact Planning Policy
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,