Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP)
Adur District Council is working in partnership with Brighton & Hove City Council (BHCC), West Sussex County Council (WSCC), and Shoreham Port Authority on a joint project to regenerate Shoreham Harbour and surrounding areas. The vision for the regeneration area is:
By 2031 Shoreham Harbour will be transformed into a vibrant, thriving waterfront destination comprising a series of sustainable, mixed-use developments alongside a consolidated and enhanced Shoreham Port which will continue to play a vital role in the local economy.
The redevelopment of key areas of the harbour will provide benefits for the local community and economy through increased investment, improved leisure opportunities, enhanced public realm and the delivery of critical infrastructure that will help respond positively to climate change.
The Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP) was adopted by the three local authorities in October 2019. The JAAP sets the strategic development and land-use priorities for the Shoreham Harbour Regeneration Area up to 2032, and contains the policies against which development management decisions within that area will be made.
The JAAP forms part of the development plan for both Adur and Brighton & Hove and should be read in conjunction with the:
- Adur Local Plan 2017
- Brighton & Hove City Plan Part One (2016) - on the BHCC website
- Brighton & Hove City Plan Part Two (2022) - on the BHCC website
Shoreham Harbour JAAP documents:
- Shoreham Harbour Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP) - adopted October 2019 (16,698KB)
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP Monitoring & Implementation Framework - October 2019 (924KB)
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP Notice of Adoption (October 2019) (418KB)
- Shoreham Harbour JAAP Sustainability Statement (October 2019) (624KB)
West Sussex County Council prepared a transport strategy to support the regeneration project. This sets out a package of measures that will need to be put in place to support new development at the harbour.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Shoreham Harbour Regeneration
Page last updated: 23 October 2023