Personal search guidelines
Personal Searches under EIR (local land charges register)
You are entitled to carry out Personal Searches of Environmental Information under the EI Regulations free of charge with effect from Monday 2nd August 2010. Although we are only obliged to allow inspection of public registers we recognise that this would be inefficient for both yourself and the local authority staff. Accordingly, we propose to implement the following system when a personal search is requested:
- You will need to continue to submit your requests in writing as previously. We will deal with them on a first come, first served basis.
- You will need to include your name, address, telephone number and email address in your request.
- There will no longer be an appointment system for the collection of personal search results.
- We will send you reports showing basic information from the Local Land Charges Register.
- Adur EIR Requests: Please send your information requests to both firstname.lastname@example.org and the Planning Section AdurEIRRequests@adur-worthing.gov.uk. Responses will be sent back individually from the two sections.
- Worthing EIR Requests: Please send your information requests to email@example.com
- Reminder: Information under EIR will be made available as soon as possible and no later than 20 working days after the date of receipt of the request. Please email any urgent EIR requests separately, as a list of EIR requests on an individual email takes longer to process.
- Please note: Where there is a query on a batch of EIR requests submitted on one email, you may wish to consider resubmitting the email omitting the request with the query, so that the other requests can be processed.
Personal searches under EIR (CON29 enquiries)
A personal search under EIR will not procure answers to the enquiries on the CON29 form from Local Land Charges. Such enquiries can only be answered by the Local Land Charges section in the context of a full search, which will require the submission of either a postal request, with the correct forms, or an electronic request, stipulating the type of search required, with the correct fee and plan (if necessary). Requests for CON29 information under EIR should be addressed directly to the relevant Council section that holds the original raw data.
Please note that highway information is available on West Sussex County Council website.
Adur and Worthing: For details of access, for the obtaining of property information (in respect of the CON29 enquiries), please see Access arrangements.
If you require more detailed planning information for Adur based properties, please use the two Public Access terminals situated in the main reception at Adur Civic Centre or use Adur & Worthing Planning Online.
The on-line planning history contained within the site at present is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Local Land Charge Search.
No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from electronic sources.
The on-line planning history contained within the web site may not be complete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out any form of Local Land Charge Search.
No responsibility can be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access.
Listed below are some other Council statutory registers open for public inspection during reasonable office hours (an appointment may be necessary and a charge levied for the provision of any additional information). These do not form part of the personal search.
Held at West Sussex County Council (WSCC)
- Register of Maintainable Highways (WSCC)
- Definitive footpath map/public rights of way (WSCC)
You can view West Sussex County Council's Adopted Roads map on the WSCC website. Please contact WSCC Local Land Charges on 0330 22 26700 for further information or details of their account system for ordering CON29 search responses direct from WSCC.
Held at Adur & Worthing Councils
Building Control (BC) and Development Control (DC) is held at:
Public Health & Regulation (PHR) - previously Environmental Health is held at:
- Portland House, 44 Richmond Road, Worthing, BN11 1HS and includes:
- Public Sewer Maps (BC)
- S.56 Building Act Register (BC)
- Register of Initial Notices (BC)
- Register of Planning Applications/Decisions (DC)
- Contaminated Land (PHR)
- Environmental Protection Act Part 1 (PHR)
- Radioactive Substance (PHR) - please refer to the Environment Agency website
- Food Premises (PHR):
- Food hygiene and safety for businesses
- Food hygiene and safety for residents
there is a charge for print outs, please contact Public Health & Regulation - see also:
- Food Standards Agency website
- Food hygiene ratings on the Food Standards Agency website
- Hazardous Substances Register (DC)
- Noise Abatement Zones (PHR) - no register as no Zones in Adur or Worthing as at 31st August 2016
Contact Local Land Charges
Local Land Charges,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,