View planning applications
You can view and comment on planning applications made to Adur & Worthing Councils using the Adur & Worthing Planning Public Access system where you can track and monitor the progress of any application you are interested in. You can also register on the system to be notified of any changes or updates by email alert to applications you select. (Find out more about commenting on planning applications).
You can also find out about a planning decision using the Adur & Worthing Planning Public Access system.
You can view applications without the need to register or login, but with a simple registration process you can track the progress of an application, submit comments and save searches to receive email alerts on a specific application.
How to view comments that may have been made by other people on an application
- Open the Adur & Worthing Planning Public Access system using the 'view planning applications' button link above
- Search for and open the planning application you are interested in by address or application number
To see if any comments have been made:
- Click on the 'Comments' tab
- Then click on the 'Public comments' button
- This will show if any comments have been made and how many - note the 'expand' and 'collapse' buttons do not have any effect
If a comment(s) has been made then to view what has been said:
- Click on the 'Related Documents' tab
- Then click on 'view associated documents' on the page - this will open up the documents available to view in a new tab in your browser window
- In the list of documents you are then looking for 'representations' (look for them in the 'document description' column) - there may be more than one 'page' of documents related to the planning application, so you may have to select a different page of documents to find the representations
- If you then click on the 'blue underlined planning application ref number' next to each 'representation' (comment) they will open up in another tab in your browser and you can then read what was said in each them
- The service continues to be developed, however at the present time no constraint information is available online.
- The online planning history contained within the site at present is incomplete and must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charge Search.
- No responsibility will be taken for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access.
- Similarly the information contained within Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision, and as such any actions taken as a result of information displayed on the site are undertaken entirely at the viewer's own risk.
- Plans, drawing and material submitted to the Council are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, 1988 Act).
- You may only use material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without the prior permission of the copyright owner.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Planning (Development Management)
Page last updated: 17 August 2021