Garden waste collections
We can save you from trips to the tip by collecting your garden waste and taking it to be turned into compost:
Find out about:
Garden waste bin collection subscriptions cost £89.00 per year (price correct as at 1st April 2023).
The service includes:
- a 240 litre green lidded wheelie bin, embossed with three dots
- weekly collection (apart from the first two weeks following Christmas and New Year)
- taking your garden waste to be processed into compost
Please make sure:
- your bin is ready for collection by 6:30am on your collection day
- your bin is left on the kerbside nearest your home, and is accessible from the road
- your bin is not blocking a pathway
- all your garden waste is in your bin
- note: additional garden waste left next to your bin will not be collected, unless it is in one of our garden waste sacks
- find out what can go in your garden waste bin
By phone: call us on 01903 851729
By post: send a covering letter with your name, address, contact details and how many bins you require along with a cheque made payable to 'Adur District Council' to:
- Financial Services,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
Application forms are also available to collect from Portland House, Worthing Town Hall and The Shoreham Centre.
If you have received a renewal invoice please click on the link below to renew. You will need to enter your invoice number which will be listed on your invoice and starts with a '9':
Note: only AWCS garden waste sacks with our logo on will be collected (see photo). Sacks must be placed kerbside for collection. Crews will not enter properties to remove sacks and will not remove sacks/bags without the council logo.
- garden waste sacks can be purchased for £1.50 per sack (price correct as at 1st April 2023).
- available to everyone - not just garden waste service subscribers
- fully biodegradable
- collected weekly
- one AWCS biodegradable garden sack holds 75 litres of waste
- each sack is 80cm x 60cm x 25cm
- find out what can go in your garden waste sack (below)
Please make sure your garden waste sack(s) are:
- ready for collection by 6:30am on your collection day
- left on the kerbside nearest your home, and accessible and clearly visible from the road
Find out about:
Home composting breaks down garden and some food waste (such as fruit and vegetable peelings, apple cores, etc) turning it into compost for your garden and reducing what gets sent to landfill.
We offer discounts on a range of home composters and accessories through our partnership with Get Composting - to find out more:
You can find out more about home composting, including what can be composted, here:
Please note: You must not compost Japanese Knotweed. For information on Japanese Knotweed, including how to identify it, prevent its spread and dispose of it safely, see:
When will I get my new bin?
It is currently taking up to four weeks to deliver new garden waste bins. If you have paid and are waiting for your bin the start date for your subscription will be amended to reflect this delay. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Is your garden waste subscription up to date?
If you no longer want the green bin you need to advise us, as described in our terms & conditions (above).
Are you struggling to pay your garden waste subscription?
If you're struggling to pay, please talk to us on 01273 263050.
What can go in your garden waste bin or sack?
I paid my invoice yesterday, but my bin was not emptied today as usual
If your invoice was not paid by the due date your collections may have been paused. Reinstatement following payment can take up to 14 days to allow for processing of your payment.
I recently signed up for the service but have not received my bin or had a collection. Will I get a credit for these weeks?
No, we will move the start date of your subscription to the date of your first collection once your bin has been delivered. The renewal date will also be moved in line with the amended start.
I'm moving but I want to continue the service at my new address. What should I do?
Please let us know that you are moving as soon as you can so we can amend our records and take your bin with you to the new address.
I'm moving and I will no longer require the service
Please let us know that you are moving so that we can close your account and cancel any future payment requests.
I just moved into a property and there is a garden waste bin, can I start using it?
You need to contact us and set up an account in your name. The service is paid for annually so if payment is not received we will cancel the collections and remove the bin.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Garden Waste (including bin day queries)
Page last updated: 17 January 2024