Playground safety information

Accidents and emergencies

For accidents which require urgent medical treatment, contact the Ambulance service by ringing 999. Please also confirm the location of where you are.

Back to top

Anti-social behaviour

Please see the anti-social behaviour to report it.

Back to top

Dog control orders

Dog are excluded from all playgrounds in Adur and Worthing, for details see:

Back to top

Playground information

Adur & Worthing Councils have many playgrounds and facilities either owned or maintained by Adur District Council (ADC), Worthing Borough Council (WBC), Lancing Parish Council, or Worthing Homes Ltd.

The ownership and contact number of each playground is provided along with the nearest vehicle/public access.

Adur & Worthing Councils recognise the value of play in helping to meet its objective of making the local communities somewhere that people want to live work and invest.

One of the core values on which our Corporate Plan is based is to enhance the quality of life for all citizens. To this end we are passionate about ensuring that our youngest citizens are not forgotten.

The Councils have worked with a range of partners and stakeholders to establish a shared vision of what we should seek to deliver in terms of support for play.

We have an enviable record of providing and investing in play areas and equipment. The provision made by the Councils is supplemented by provision made by developers, registered social landlords and various grants, although provision extends to practical support of activities and programmes on the ground.

The playgrounds in Adur and Worthing have a wide range of play equipment, including accessible play equipment, from traditional swings and roundabouts to modern contemporary items, which entertain and stimulate children, and provide them with activities to help develop motor skills, balance and co-ordination as well as physical and social activity.

Back to top

Graffiti and fly posting

If you come across graffiti and fly posting please let us know:

Back to top

Public safety

Where your or a child's safety is being threatened or where a crime is being or has been recently committed:

  • Ring 999 - for any emergency and ask for the police or ambulance

If there is no immediate threat to your safety:

  • Ring 101 - the Sussex Police non-emergency number to report incidents and to receive non-emergency assistance

Back to top

Page last updated: 25 August 2023

Back to top