Rent a garage with Adur Homes:
Adur Homes have garage spaces available to rent across the Adur District.
These garages can be used to store taxed and roadworthy private vehicles, or for general storage. They do not have their own electricity supply, although some users have added their own solar powered lighting.
Please note that property stored in these garages is kept there at the owner's risk, and we accept no liability. We recommend users ensure they have adequate insurance to cover any items of value.
Adur Homes also have some parking spaces available to rent across Adur and Worthing.
Weekly rent charges:
(from 4th April 2022 to 2nd April 2023)
Standard Size Garages:
- £11.17 for Adur Homes Tenants/Leaseholders
- £13.40 for Non-tenants (including £2.23 VAT)
- £8.13 for Adur Homes Tenants/Leaseholders
- £9.76 for Non-tenants (including £1.63 VAT)
Prices are subject to an annual increase in April. Prices correct as of 04-04-2022.
Note on VAT charges:
If you rent a garage from Adur Homes and are not a council housing tenant, the standard rate of VAT applies to the garage rent as it is separate to the dwelling you rent. If you are an Adur Homes tenant and also rent a garage from the council you are not charged VAT on the rent for the garage.
Manage your garage tenancy
If you rent a garage through Adur Homes you can manage your rent account online using Adur Homes Tenants' Self Service.
If you need to report a problem with your garage you can use our online request a repair service.
If you are having difficulty paying the rent on your garage please email email@example.com
End a garage tenancy with Adur Homes
If you wish to end your garage tenancy please use the form below. Please note we need four weeks notice.
For further information please contact Adur Homes on:
- 01273 263030
Other garage availability
Worthing Homes offers some garage rentals. For details please see:
Please note: the following information only applies if you have already applied for an Adur Homes garage and have been offered a garage. If you haven't already joined the waiting list please see how to apply (above).
Starting a new garage rental:
- If you would like to accept a garage rental offer from the Council you will need to attend a sign-up appointment to confirm the agreement. This will take place at our offices: Portland House, 44 Richmond Road, Worthing, BN11 1HS
Before the appointment you will need to:
- email a clear photo or copy of some proof of your ID (eg driving licence, passport, etc) to:
- fill in the Direct Debit instruction form (to set up a monthly payment):
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- a payment card (to make your initial payment)
- the completed Direct Debit instruction form
Once your initial payment has been received and a monthly Direct Debit has been set up we will sign a garage licence agreement with you and you can collect the garage keys.
Please note - important:
If you do not attend the sign-up appointment your application will be closed and the garage will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
If you need to reschedule your appointment please email us at:
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Page last updated: 05 January 2023