Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube

Seasonal concessions

About concessions

As part of the continuing Seafront Strategy project, the Place and Investment Team aims to create a more vibrant and active seafront where there is a wide variety of things for people to see and do by offering concession licences for activities and outlets along the promenade.

In Worthing: the area for Seasonal Concessions includes the length of the seafront from Western Road in the east to Goring Gap in the west. Each year we have a number of returning concessions, covering a variety of offers including mobile refreshments, fresh seafood and water sports.

In Adur: whilst there is no formal promenade in Adur, there are still opportunities for concessional activities within the Recreation Grounds and Parks. These are available by contacting our Parks Team directly by email to:

Back to top

Available Concessions

Water Sport Concessions 2018

Currently all Water Sport sites are assigned and in use.

Refreshment Concessions 2018

For summer 2018, Worthing Borough Council will be seeking Expressions of Interest for mobile refreshment providers at a number of seafront sites.

In recent years, Worthing has welcomed an increasing number of concessions to its promenade and parks.

Further details of the sites still available can be found in the application documents below:

All applications must be received by 15th April 2018.

Please return your application to:

Back to top

Concession Licence Fees

All Concession Licence Fees collected are spent improving the seafront area to make enhancements for residents and visitors, and help to create further concession opportunities.

For licences outside our marketed sites, a daily rate will apply. In 2018, the rate will be £12.00 (+ VAT if applicable) per day. For longer periods, we offer weekly rates at £66.00 per week, and monthly rates at £264.00 per month. Please note that most concessions do not attract VAT; this will be checked at the point of completion of licence.

An administration fee of £45.00 will be applied to each licence to cover the arrangement and processing charges.

Back to top

Concession sites (2017)

PLEASE NOTE: This section is currently being updated

Across Worthing: we now have 18 sites available for licence as a concession. A further 17 sites are leased via our Estates team on longer term agreements. Each site is evaluated for a particular use, with some sites suitable for more than one type of concession. For details see the list and map below.

In Adur: whilst there is no formal promenade in Adur, there are still opportunities for concessional activities within the Recreation Grounds and Parks. From summer 2016, these will be available by contacting our Parks Team


Concession Types:

A: Arts and/or Culture - including performance, face painting, hair braiding, art, etc
F: Food & Drink - including teas, coffees, soft drinks, ice-creams, hot-dogs, waffles, etc
L: Leisure/Rides - including roundabouts, trampolines, inflatables, motorised rides, etc
R: Retail (non-food) - including hand-made accessories, local produce, ancillary sales, etc
W: Watersports - including kite surf tuition, paddle board and kayak hire, towable tube rides, etc

List of concession sites:

Maps - overall:

Maps - individual areas:

Back to top