Do you have a housing problem and worried that you may lose your accommodation?

There have been some important changes made to the regulations for collecting and storing personal information under new legislation called GDPR which takes effect from 25th May 2018. For further information on how the Council manages the information it collects from you please see the Housing privacy notice.

The Council has a range of services available, or can signpost you to where you can get help, if you have a problem with your housing and you think that you may be at risk of losing your accommodation. It is important that you get information about your housing issue as soon as possible. You can get housing advice from the council by completing an online Housing Advice form using the relevant button below:

Before completing the form you will need:

  • An email address - there is advice on the form about how to set up an email address
  • National Insurance number - Find a lost National Insurance number - on the GOV.UK website
  • Your address history for the last six years
  • Medical information about you or a member of your household.
  • Financial information for all household members: eg wages, benefits, tax credit and child benefit awards, savings, expenditure

Please provide as much detail as you can about your household's circumstances on the form which will help the Housing Solutions Team decide what advice you need or which services to direct you to.

ID and documents you will be asked for:

  • You can upload ID & other documents using the housing advice form: if you are unable to do this you can hand documents into reception
  • ID for all household members: eg passport, birth certificate, driving licence
  • Income evidence: eg payslips, benefits letter, tax credit and child benefit award letter, pension letter, bank statements, P60
  • Medical information: eg letters or reports from GP, hospital consultants or other medical practitioners such as occupational therapist
  • Proof of address: eg tenancy agreement, notice from your landlord

What you need to know before completing the Housing Advice form:

  • The form can be completed using most devices, such as a laptop, tablet or phone.
  • You have 10 days to complete and submit your form. After this time you will need to start a new form.
  • You need to remember your security question and answer.
  • Please note that the form will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity. If you need to stop or find more information you can use the Finish Later option. You will be sent an email with your login details and access to your customer portal to login up to 10 days later to complete your form.
  • The Finish Later option will appear after the first four sections when you have entered your security information so we can identify you when you come back to complete your form.

If you are unable to complete the form you can attend the Council's offices at:

  • Portland House, 44 Richmond Road, Worthing, BN11 1HS

There is a duty housing officer available on:

  • Monday to Friday from 9 to 11am and 1 to 4pm
  • except Thursday when the duty officer is available from 1 to 4pm only

Once submitted a council officer will contact you within 10 working days by email to advise you but will contact you sooner if your situation is more urgent.

Back to top

Page last updated: 16 January 2020