Get help if you're at risk of losing your home
If you are experiencing difficulties that you are worried may mean you lose your home, it is important to speak to someone as quickly as possible. You will usually have a better chance of keeping your home if you seek help as soon as possible.
We can provide advice and put you in touch with the right services to help support you in dealing with a number of issues, including:
- rent or mortgage arrears or debt worries
- changes in your financial situation, eg you've lost your job
- domestic abuse
- relationship breakdowns
- tenancy problems
- health concerns about you or a member of your household
- disrepair issues in your property
- issues involving a neighbour or noise levels
To tell us about your situation and get the right help and advice please complete an online Housing Advice form (linked below).
When completing the form you will need to tell us the following information:
- your email address - if you don't have one there is advice on the form about how to set one up
- your National Insurance number. If you do not know your National Insurance number see:
- your address history for the past six years
- medical history for you and anyone living with you
- details about your finances, and those of anyone living with you, eg wages, benefits, tax credit and benefit awards, savings, expenditure
You will be asked to supply the following supporting documents:
- ID for you and anyone living with you, eg passport, birth certificate, driving licence
- proof of address, eg tenancy agreement, notice from your landlord
- letters or medical reports from anyone who has been involved with either your health care, or for anyone living with you
- evidence of income for you and anyone living with you, eg payslips, benefits letter, tax credit and benefit award letter, pension statement, bank statements, P60
If you are unable to upload them you can hand them in at our offices, address below.
Complete a Housing Advice form
You can complete your form in stages and save it so you can come back to finish it later. This option is available after you have completed the first four sections, so we have your security information and can identify you when you're ready to log in again.
You have 10 days to complete and submit your form, after which you will need to start a new form.
Please note that your session will expire after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Please provide us with as much detail as you can so we can give you the best advice for your situation and direct you to the right services.
If you are unable to complete the online form, please contact the Housing Needs team on 01903 221063 to discuss your circumstances. If you are homeless now, or will become homeless within the next seven days, your details will be passed to a housing officer who will contact you.
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) restrictions, there is currently no drop in service available at Portland House or the Shoreham Centre.
How we handle your personal information
To find out how we manage the information we collect from you please see the:
Further help available
For free, independent debt advice see:
If you are experiencing domestic abuse:
Regarding disrepair in your rented property:
If you have concerns about a vulnerable adult:
If you have concerns about a child:
Regarding problems with noise:
Housing Register - Applying for housing:
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Housing: Needs Team
Page last updated: 06 October 2023