Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

RSS Facebook Twitter LinkedIn 20x20 YouTube

Register to vote (including postal or proxy voting)

Once you have registered to vote see:

See also:

Your vote matters - 470 (300) - colour - banner

Register to vote - get on the electoral register (voter registration):

To vote you have to be over 18 on polling day and be on the Electoral Register for one of the wards where the elections are taking place.

The electoral register is based on where you were living on a particular date.

If you wish to get on on the Electoral Register and register to vote please use the link below:

You may also be interested in the:

Back to top

The Open Register

Under the law (the Representation of the People (England and Wales) Regulations 2001 (amended 2013)), local authorities across the UK have to keep what's known as an 'Open Electoral Register', which contains the names and addresses of all those people who are registered to vote and who have not opted out of being included on the Register.

This information may be purchased for a set fee by businesses and charities to confirm name and address details.

Residents may remove themselves from the 'Open Register' at any point, without affecting their right to vote. To do so, they should contact the Council's Electoral Registration Office ( who will be happy to help.

Back to top

Apply for a postal or proxy vote

If you wish to apply for a postal vote or a proxy vote please download the relevant form below, fill it out, sign it and return it to Electoral Services (see contact details):

Back to top

Change of name

If you have recently changed your name (ie through marriage, divorce or deed poll) please complete the form below, sign it and return it to us:

Back to top

Do I qualify for an anonymous entry?

To qualify for an anonymous entry, you must satisfy the registration officer that the safety of the applicant or that of any other person of the same household would be at risk if the register contains the name of the applicant or his/her qualifying address.

Please use the forms below:

Back to top

Once you have registered to vote - how to vote ...

Once you have registered to vote please see:

Back to top