Tell us about a change of circumstances

If your circumstances change you need to tell us straight away. This is so we can make sure you are paying the right amount.

You need to tell us if:

  • you change your name
  • someone in your household dies
  • someone moves in or out
  • someone becomes, or is no longer, a student
  • a child turns 18
  • you are away from home providing care for someone else
  • you permanently go into care or into hospital
  • a previously empty property is now being lived in

This is not a complete list. If you think a change may affect your bill, you need to tell us as soon as possible.

Please complete the following form and return it to us:

Also: Please be aware that the Electoral Register is not updated when you change your name or some of these other changes (above) occur. You will therefore need to update your details using the online register to vote registration process.

You may also be interested in:

Back to top

Page last updated: 22 September 2023

Back to top