Adur & Worthing Youth Council
The Adur & Worthing Youth Council is made up of Youth Councillors from all schools in Adur and Worthing.
Our Executive Committee for 2019-2020:
- Chair: Henny Sonnemann-Petty
- Vice Chair: Sophie Hawkins
- Secretary: Mika Wild
- Social Media: Evie Austin
- Worthing Youth Mayor: Jimi Taylor
- Deputy Youth Mayor: Will Nyss
The aims of Adur & Worthing Youth Council are:
- To operate as an apolitical body for the good of all the young people of Adur and Worthing
- To provide the youth of Adur and Worthing with a voice and a conduit to the adult councillors
- To be a consultative body for the adult Council
- To address the negative stereotypical image of young people
- To highlight issues which apply to the young people of Adur and Worthing
- To be inclusive and approachable to all young people
- To take part in projects that involve those issues as felt appropriate
The Adur & Worthing Youth Council meets at Worthing Town Hall every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Our meetings are public, so anybody can attend, however if you would like to speak at one of our meetings or get us involved in an event please contact:
Group photo of Adur & Worthing Youth Council:
Worthing Pier: Past, Present and Future? is an exciting community project, managed by the Worthing Youth Council, and funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
This project has now been completed; see the evaluation below.
A book 'Worthing Pier, Past and Future' was written by the youth councillors and is available in schools and the local library.
To find out more about their project, please visit the:
This project has now been completed. See the evaluation below:
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Worthing Youth Council and Youth Mayor
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 28 May 2021