Any enquiries concerning trees that are in conservation areas or have a preservation order on them should be directed to Planning (Development Management).
The GOV.UK website also contains a wealth of information and advice on trees, tree preservation orders (TPOs) and hedges - and also includes legal advice and what you can and can't do with trees and hedges:
If you need to carry out works to trees you may need to fill out the:
Trees can be subject to disease, the links below may be of use in identifying them.
If you need to carry out works to a diseased tree see carrying out works to trees.
- Ash Dieback - on the Royal Horticultural Society website
- Ash Dieback - on the Forestry Commission website
Dutch Elm Disease:
- Dutch Elm Disease - on the Royal Horticultural Society website
- Dutch Elm Disease - on the Forestry Commission website
Other tree pests and diseases:
You can use the following links to help you identify trees:
- Tree identification - on the Natural History Museum website
- Tree identification - on the Woodlands website
- Learn about trees - on the Woodland Trust website
Contact Planning (Development Management)
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,