Local Land Charges: Fees and turnaround times
Adur & Worthing Council's Local Land Charges Fees from 1st April 2023:
|Standard Official Search (LLC1 + CON29R)||£135.00|
|Local Land Charges Register (LLC1)||£35.00|
|CON29R only search||£100.00|
|Additional parcel (LLC1 + CON29R)||£36.00 each|
|Additional parcel for LLC1 only search||£15.00 each|
|Additional parcel for CON29R only search||£21.00 each|
|Optional Enquiries Q4 and Q22 (CON29O)||£27.00 each|
|All other Optional Part II enquiries||£21.00 each|
- All fees shown on the website include VAT. Please contact us if you require a breakdown of the fees to show VAT amounts.
- The basic search fee includes the sum of £27.00 payable to West Sussex County Council as Highways Department.
- Optional Enquiries 4 and 22 on the CON29O form are charged at £27.00 each by Adur & Worthing Councils.
- Alternatively, for Highway Enquiries, you can use West Sussex County Council Local Land Charges electronic form for £27.00. To use this facility you will need to set up an account with West Sussex County Council Local Land Charges Section by calling them on 0330 222 6700.
You can pay for search fees using a credit or debit card. Search requests will not be started until all fees have been received, and the search checked and validated by the Local Land Charges section.
We aim to complete LLC1 and CON29R local authority basic searches for Adur and Worthing within 10 to 15 working days. Searches relating to multiple parcels of land or with optional enquiries included may take longer.
Turnaround times are monitored on a weekly basis and are reported back to the Local Land Charges Line Manager on a monthly basis.
If you wish to check the progress of an official Adur or Worthing local authority search, please ask the person who requested the search to contact us after 15 working days. Please note that due to issues of confidentiality we are unable to discuss a local authority search request with any one other than the individual or organisation that made the original search order.
Please note the following:
- Additional parcels of land are calculated according to information on the Councils' LLPG database, subject to Rule 11 of the Local Land Charges Rules, 1977. If you have any enquiries about extra parcels of land, or are not sure how many parcels form part of your search, please contact us for advice.
- The Local Land Charges section does not accept written 'additional enquiries' as part of the standard search process. Please send all additional enquiries to the relevant Council department direct.
- All search requests will be processed and answered based on the most recent version of the relevant Law Society forms. At present forms CON29 and CON29O (2016) are in use.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Local Land Charges
Page last updated: 30 March 2023