Estates Management - Privacy Notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur & Worthing Councils are the data controllers (referred to in this notice as 'we' or 'us') of your personal data for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation.
Adur & Worthing Councils Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
- Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
- or email: email@example.com
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. This privacy notice:
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains when and why we will share personal data and with other organisations
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
Why we need your personal data
The purpose of processing your personal data is to administer the Councils asset management for occupiers/potential occupiers.
We are relying on GDPR Article 6(1)(a) & (e) as the lawful basis for processing.
What we collect and how it is used
Your name, address, contact details (telephone/mobile numbers/emails) and the nature of your agreement/interest in Council owned property are collected and held and used for the purpose of managing the Councils asset portfolio.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- providing legal/financial/credit assessments if we need to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud).
- providing contractors in the property industry with personal data to facilitate estate management functions such as organising repairs.
How long is the information kept for?
Records are kept in accordance with the Council's disposal schedule and we will not keep your information for longer than necessary. However, for the purpose of estates management, historic records of lettings may be maintained and archived. Potential occupiers will have their details removed from the applicant list after 2 years.
You have certain rights under UK data protection legislation, including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
How to contact us
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Property team on 01903 221413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Estates Team
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,