Help with payments

Contact us as soon as possible if you are having trouble paying your Council Tax. There are a number of different ways we may be able to help.

You should also check if you are eligible to receive:

Delaying payments

If you currently pay your Council Tax over ten months and want to request that your instalment dates are changed so that you pay in February and March 2021 instead of April and May 2020 (or May and June 2020) please email us at and we will consider your request.

In your email please confirm that you are up to date with your payments but you would like to delay your first payment until June or July 2020. Please include the following information in your email and put 'Coronavirus instalment change' as your email's subject header.

  • your name
  • your address
  • your Council Tax account number (you can find this on your bill)

If you are currently due to pay over twelve monthly instalments (from April 2020 to March 2021) you can request that your first instalment is delayed until June or July 2020, but please be aware that the new instalments will be higher than if you keep to your existing twelve months.

Debt advice

If you are having financial difficulties you can get free, independent advice about budgeting and managing your debts from the following external organisations:

Back to top

Contact Details

Contact details

Adur Council Tax

Telephone01273 263111 (9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri)

EmailEmail this service (

Full contact detailsFull contact details (Adur Council Tax)

Worthing Council Tax

Telephone01903 221061 (9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri)

EmailEmail this service (

Full contact detailsFull contact details (Worthing Council Tax)

Need Assistance?

Need assistance?

Get in touch

Page last updated: 23 November 2020