Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

RSS Facebook Twitter LinkedIn 20x20 YouTube

How to make a comment, compliment or complaint

You may wish to make a comment, complaint or compliment about:

See also:

Customer feedback Adur & Worthing Councils

We value your feedback on our services, letting us know about your customer experience is important to us. We also like to know when we have got it right and welcome suggestions for improvement.


Comments about services will be reviewed by the appropriate service head who will write and let you know what they will do as a result of your feedback.


Compliments are a good way of letting someone know what they have done well. They will be brought to the attention of the relevant manager and the officer involved.

How to send us customer feedback

If you are only wanting to report a missed council service or a fault please refer to the reporting a missed service or fault section below.

If not, then please send us your comment, compliment or complaint using the online form below:

Feedback procedure


If you are not happy, we want to hear about it. There are two stages to our complaints procedure. However, if you are only wanting to report a missed council service or a fault please refer to the reporting a missed service or fault section below.

  • Stage 1: You should make your complaint to the relevant Service Manager who will receive the details and take any appropriate action.
  • Stage 2: If you are not happy with the response you can ask for the Director for the relevant service to review your complaint who will either respond personally or delegate the response to an appropriate Officer/Service Manager in the service area who did not respond at Stage 1.

At each stage a written acknowledgement will be sent within five working days with contact details of the person who will investigate the complaint. We will try to reply fully in writing within 10 working days for Stage 1, and within 15 working days for Stage 2, but if we are unable to do so we will contact you to explain the delay and how long it will take to respond.

See also: Local Government Ombudsman

Back to top

Reporting a missed service or fault?

If you are only wanting to report a missed council service or a fault (such as a street light that isn't working) please use the relevant link below:

However, if you wish to make a formal comment, complaint or compliment please read the customer feedback section.

Back to top

Customer feedback about West Sussex County Council

West Sussex County Council - WSCC - smallWest Sussex County Council has its own complaints procedure. If you need to complain to West Sussex County Council please get in touch with them as soon as you can.

To find out more about West Sussex County Council's complaints procedure see:

See also: Local Government Ombudsman

Back to top

Local Government Ombudsman

Local Government Ombudsman

If you still remain unhappy, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to review your complaint. In order to do this you will need to contact them on:

  • 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
  • or online via the LGO website
  • or by post at: Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 OEH.

The normal practice of the Ombudsman is not to begin an investigation until the council has had the opportunity to try and resolve the complaint. It is important, therefore, that you contact us first.

Local Government Ombudsman reports for Adur District Council

Local Government Ombudsman reports for Worthing Borough Council

See also :

Back to top