Comments, compliments and complaints
We value your feedback on our services, letting us know about your customer experience is important to us. We also like to know when we have got it right and welcome suggestions for improvement.
Comments or complaints about services will be reviewed by the appropriate service head who will write and let you know what they will do as a result of your feedback.
Compliments are a good way of letting someone know what they have done well. They will be brought to the attention of the relevant manager and the officer involved.
Please send us your comment, compliment or complaint using the online form below:
Feedback procedure - how we deal with a complaint
There are two stages to our complaints procedure:
- Stage 1: You should make your complaint to the relevant Service Manager who will receive the details and take any appropriate action.
- Stage 2: If you are not happy with the response you can ask for the Director for the relevant service to review your complaint who will either respond personally or delegate the response to an appropriate Officer/Service Manager in the service area who did not respond at Stage 1.
At each stage a written acknowledgement will be sent within five working days with contact details of the person who will investigate the complaint. We will try to reply fully in writing within 10 working days for Stage 1, and within 15 working days for Stage 2, but if we are unable to do so we will contact you to explain the delay and how long it will take to respond.
See also: Local Government Ombudsman
If you are only wanting to report a missed council service or a fault (such as a street light that isn't working) please use the relevant link below:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Anti-social behaviour and Community Trigger
- Benefits fraud - Reporting Benefit, Council Tax or Tenancy Fraud
- Bins - missed recycling or refuse collection
- Dogs (dogs mess, noisy dogs, dangerous dogs, etc)
- Environmental Health issues
- Fly posting
- Housing tenants - repairs and problems
- Litter and Dog bins
- Noise complaints
- Parking issues
- Potholes / poor road condition
- Public toilet
- Roads, highways, footpaths, etc
- Street cleaning
- Street lighting and signs
- Trading standards - unsafe goods
However, if you wish to make a formal comment, complaint or compliment please see the customer feedback section.
West Sussex County Council has its own complaints procedure. If you need to complain to West Sussex County Council please get in touch with them as soon as you can.
To find out more about West Sussex County Council's complaints procedure see:
See also: Local Government Ombudsman
If you still remain unhappy, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) to review your complaint. In order to do this you will need to contact them on:
The normal practice of the Ombudsman is not to begin an investigation until the Council has had the opportunity to try and resolve the complaint. It is important, therefore, that you contact us first.
The last 5 years' Local Government Ombudsman )LGO) reports are available below. Please contact us if you are after older reports:
LGO reports: Adur District Council
- LGO Report for Adur DC (period ending 31-03-2020) (193KB)
- LGO Report for Adur DC (period ending 31-03-2019) (196KB)
- LGO Report for Adur DC (period ending 31-03-2018) (91KB)
- LGO Report for Adur DC (period ending 31-03-2017) (244KB)
- LGO Report for Adur DC (period ending 31-03-2016) (26KB)
LGO reports: Worthing Borough Council
- LGO report for Worthing BC (period ending 31-03-2020) (218KB)
- LGO report for Worthing BC (period ending 31-03-2019) (180KB)
- LGO report for Worthing BC (period ending 31-03-2018) (91KB)
- LGO report for Worthing BC (period ending 31-03-2017) (244KB)
- LGO report for Worthing BC (period ending 31-03-2016) (26KB)
See also :
- Local Government Ombudsman website
- How to make a complaint webpage - on the Local Government Ombudsman website
- Search for decisons on the Local Government Ombudsman website
- Ombudsman - on West Sussex County Council's website
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Adur Customer Feedback
Worthing Customer Feedback
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 04 May 2021