Conduct of Councillors (Members) and making a complaint; Register of Members' Interests

Conduct of Councillors (Members) and making a complaint

All Members have to keep to a Code of Conduct and maintain the ethical standards expected of them.

The Members' Code of Conduct is included as part of the Councils' constitutions, see:

Making a complaint

If you consider that a Member is in breach of his, or her, Code of Conduct and you want to make a complaint, you may do so by completing the Complaints Form here:

After you have submitted a Complaints Form it will be dealt with in accordance with the processes set out in the Councils' Standards Procedure Rules which can be found as part of the Councils' constitutions, see:

A quick reference guide to the procedures for Assessment, Investigation, and the Hearing of Complaints can be found in the Councils' constitutions (link above).

The Councils' Monitoring Officer may be contacted:

  • by email addressed to
  • or by post addressed to:
    • The Monitoring Officer and Head of Legal Services,
      [Adur District Council or Worthing Borough Council],
      Worthing Town Hall,
      Chapel Road,
      West Sussex,
      BN11 1HA

Back to top

Register of Members' Interests

Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council

The Register of Members' (Councillors') Interests is available to view on each of their individual pages:

Parish Councils

The Lancing Parish Council and Sompting Parish Council Register of Members' (Councillors') Interests are available on the relevant parish council website:

Back to top

Page last updated: 28 February 2023

Back to top