Going Local - Extra support to feel well in your community
Could you be feeling better? Would some extra support, for free, help?
In certain GP surgeries in Adur and Worthing a new service called Going Local is on offer. Going Local is a social prescribing pilot in Adur and Worthing, which means that in participating surgeries, GPs can refer patients to a Community Referrer for help and support with areas such as:
- Becoming fit, losing weight or overcoming long term illness
- Kicking cigarettes, beating substance misuse or enjoying a healthier diet
- Feeling low, being lonely or continually stressed
- Finding work, keeping a home or climbing out of debt
- Getting training, learning new computer skills or being more confident with technology
Check below to see if your GP practice is part of Going Local. If it is, you can be referred for up to six sessions with a community referrer, who will find out about what help you may need, and introduce you to local community groups and organisations who can help you.:
GP Surgeries taking part in Going Local in Adur are:
- Harbour View, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Manor Practice, Southwick
- Northbourne, Shoreham-by-Sea
GP Surgeries taking part in Going Local in Worthing are:
- Lime Tree Durrington and Findon
- Victoria Road, Worthing
- Worthing Medical Group
Ask your GP about Going Local.
The scheme is a joint project between Adur & Worthing Councils, Coastal West Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group and West Sussex County Council.
Contact Communities Team
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,