If events are not risk assessed and managed well, the consequences can be serious. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website has a section dedicated to events:
If you would like to hold an event on council land, then you will need to get in touch with our events team, you can email them :
Further information on holding an event on council land see:
- Food stalls or food traders must have a food hygiene rating score of 3 or more and must be able to provide proof of their rating score and food registration.
- Any traders using gas appliances must provide a copy of their most recent gas safety inspection certificate for the appliances being used.
- Proof of food hygiene rating scores for all food traders and copies of gas safety inspection certificates must be received no later than 28 days before the event.
- Please also be aware that when holding an event on council land you must also meet the 'conditions of hire'
- If your event involves charity work or help from volunteers, please also see our section below on charity and voluntary organisations as Health & Safety obligations still apply in these types of situations.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Public Health & Regulation
Page last updated: 22 March 2022