Building Control - Privacy Notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur & Worthing Councils are the data controllers (referred to in this notice as 'we' or 'us') of your personal data for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation in relation to the administration and management of the following:
- The administration and enforcement of the Building Regulations 2012 (as amended)
- The administration of The Building Act 1984 in relation to Demolition of buildings within the Borough of Worthing.
- The administration and enforcement of The Building Act 1984 in relation to Dangerous Structures
The Councils' Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
- Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In relation to your personal data we are committed to collecting, using and protecting it appropriately. Our Data Protection Policy can be found on the Data Protection page of our website.
This privacy notice explains:
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- The type of personal data that we collect
- When and why we may share personal data with other organisations
- The rights and choices you have in relation to the personal data that we hold about you
- How long the information is kept for
- Our legal basis for processing your data
What we collect, why and how it is used
- We collect the following personal information:
- Name, address and contact details of the Applicant/Owner
- Name, address and contact details of the Agent/Architect
- Name, address and contact details of the Main contractor/Builder
- Name, address and contact details of Specialist designers/contractors
We collect your personal information for the purpose of:
- Carrying out our statutory duties as listed above under the paragraph ‘What this Privacy Notice covers’.
We may share personal data with other departments within the Councils and external organisations in the following circumstances:
- To carry out our statutory duties as listed above under the paragraph ‘What this Privacy Notice covers’.
Data may be passed to third parties including:
- County Fire and Rescue service
- Southern Water PLC
- Environment Agency
- Health and Safety Executive
We will not provide personal data to anyone else or use the data about you for any other purpose unless the law allows or permits us to.
Your personal data may be converted ('anonymised') into statistical or aggregated data in such a way that ensures that you cannot be identified from it. Aggregated data can't, by definition, be linked back to you as an individual and may be used to conduct research and analysis, including the preparation of statistics for use in reports.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Article 6(e) of the General Data Protection Regulations - Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
How long the information is kept for
Records are kept in accordance with the Council's Information Retention and Disposal Schedule and we will not keep your information for longer than necessary.
You have certain rights under UK Data Protection law including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right to withdraw consent
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information about your rights is available on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, or use personal data please email us as listed below:
- Telephone Building Control on 01903 239999
- Email us on Building.Control@adur-worthing.gov.uk
Contact Building Control
The Building Control Partnership,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,