The Seafront Gallery Worthing's Outdoor Exhibition Space
About The Seafront Gallery
The Seafront Gallery is Worthing's new outdoor exhibition space. Situated in a prime location on Worthing's bustling promenade it features five stone-filled gabion plinths, an accessible beachside path and 20 display surfaces.
The Seafront Gallery is a fantastic opportunity to present accessible public exhibitions to a wide audience in a location with high foot fall without the pressures of managing a traditional gallery space.
We are now welcoming proposals for future exhibitions at The Seafront Gallery - read on for more details.
Created in 2020 as part of the Council's ambitious “And Then ...” programme of interventions and assistance to support the communities of Adur and Worthing during COVID-19 the Gallery has received fantastic feedback from visitors and exhibitors alike:
“The Seafront Gallery hosted Photo Fringe's OPEN SOLO Award winner and shortlist of 19 contemporary, international photographers from the festival launch in October 2020.
“As an open access festival we seek outdoor exhibition opportunities as a way to give artists maximum visibility and audiences a chance to encounter work that might ordinarily only be shown in a gallery.
“Outdoor exhibitions give everyone, whoever they are, the chance to see art, be inspired, start a conversation and find out more should they so wish.
“We have received so much positive feedback from passers by, both in and out of the art world via their shares on Instagram etc that we are certain this new exhibition space provides a fabulous opportunity to share stories and more with the general public.”
Claire Wearn, Festival Director at Photo Fringe
The Seafront Gallery is on Worthing's seafront, a short walk from the pier and the town centre. The promenade is busy throughout the year with residents and visitors and has a range of attractions and seasonal concessions along its length.
Hiring The Seafront Gallery
- throughout 2021, there will be no hire fee for The Seafront Gallery. Hire charges will apply in subsequent years
- all exhibition installation and artwork production costs must be met by the hirer. A £200 damage deposit is also required
- hire periods will be for between 4 and 6 months
- artwork must be produced to a standard suitable for the conditions experienced along the seafront. Hirers will be supported by the experienced team at Colonnade House in planning their exhibition to meet the standards in our hire agreement and risk assessment
- all exhibition proposals will be considered and reviewed but Worthing Borough Council reserves the right to decline an application for any reason
Apply to exhibit at The Seafront Gallery
Please use our online form to make an application. You will need to supply the following details:
- main contact
- organisation name (if applicable)
- contact number
- email address
- an outline of what your project is
- how will this be funded
- information about the work you plan to exhibit
- preferred dates and flexibility
To submit your proposal please follow this link:
If you would like to make an informal enquiry before applying please contact:
- Richard Manders
Photos of the The Seafront Gallery being built and once open:
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Richard Manders / Clare Halstead, Place & Economy Team
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 30 March 2021