Regular street sweeping and street inspections are carried out on all our streets. Busy streets close to shops and restaurants will be swept more regularly than quiet residential roads.
- Lancing, Shoreham-by-Sea, Southwick and Worthing town centres are maintained and inspected three to four times a day
- Smaller shopping areas, such as Broadwater or Goring Road, are swept every day
- All streets are inspected every fortnight, and will then be swept if needed
- During the summer months we sweep the streets more in areas that have an increase in visitors, such as along Worthing seafront
- When there has been a period of heavy leaf fall, or there is lots of litter to be cleared we will carry out a deep cleansing session to help with street drainage. During deep cleansing sessions we will usually have to impose parking restrictions so that we can use machinery to clear gutters. See: Deep cleansing schedule
Request street sweeping
You can get in touch with us to report a problem if you think litter needs to be cleaned from a public street.
Please note that certain footpaths, rear access-ways, privately owned land and shopfronts are not part of the public highway, and so are not the Councils' responsibility to keep clean.
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Recycling, Refuse and Waste
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 08 April 2021