Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn 20x20 YouTube Instagram-20x20

Report a street light or sign problem

Street lights, illuminated bollards and road signs

West Sussex County Council - WSCC - small

The majority of street lights in Adur and Worthing are looked after by West Sussex County Council (WSCC), not by Adur District Council or Worthing Borough Council.

There are a few light unit exceptions, i.e Worthing Promenade lights including decorative lights.

Find out about street lights

If you want to find out about street lights, illuminated bollards and road signs please use the following link:

Report a problem

If you want to report a street lighting failure or a sign or street light that is:

  • damaged
  • faulty
  • hazardous, or
  • non-working

or any other issue related to a street light, lamppost, illuminated bollard or sign, except street name signs (see section below), you will need to tell West Sussex County Council (WSCC) as they are responsible for highways and street issues across Adur and Worthing:

Faults on the Worthing Promenade lights (including decorative lights):

Back to top

Vandalised and damaged street nameplates

Street name signPlease report damaged, vandalised or missing street nameplates to the Adur & Worthing Councils' engineers section in Technical Services clearly stating:

  • location of the street nameplate
  • the problem with the street nameplate
  • when the street nameplate problem was spotted

Please send your report to:

Back to top