Coronavirus (COVID-19): As from Monday 3rd March 2020 all light vehicle testing is suspended. All MOT certificates will be extended by 6 months if it expires on or after 30th March 2020 and up to and including 31st July 2020. This extension period will be added 7 days before the MOT due date. You can check your MOT status on the GOV.UK website. At the present, due to the Government's Covid-19 regulations, we will not be able to carry out general MOT testing.
The councils' transport department (based at the Workshop, Commerce Way, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 8TA) provides MOT testing for cars and light vans (class IV and class VII).
The charges are:
- Class 4 - £54.85
- Class 7 - £58.60
This is payable either by cash, cheque or credit card (prices correct as at 01-04-2019).
The test takes approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Monday to Thursday: 7:30am to 4:00pm (latest test time 3:00pm)
- Friday: 7:30am to 3:30pm (latest test time 2:00pm)
Minor repairs can be undertaken, and retests are free within 10 working days.
Bookings can be made:
- by phoning 01273 263148
- by e-mailing email@example.com
For more information about MOT testing see:
- Getting an MOT test - on the gov.uk website
- MOT and vehicle insurance information - on the gov.uk website
- Does my vehicle have a current MOT? - on the gov.uk website
- Check the MOT history of a vehicle? - on the gov.uk website
Page last updated: 10 July 2020