Social media - our usage guidelines and rules
Our social media accounts are monitored collaboratively by the Communications team and the Customer Contact Centre. We will always try to answer your query as quickly as possible, or direct you to our website where appropriate. You may be able to find your answer quicker by using the search box located at the top right of this webpage.
With all of our social media accounts, it should be noted that they are only monitored during office hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more info on alternative or out of hours/ emergency ways to contact us please see our Contact Us page.
Across all of our social media platforms, we want to create an informative, safe online community for all.
- Get involved in posts and have your say, we love to hear what you think!
- Feel free to spread the word and share our posts.
- Tag friends and family in posts to inform them what is happening in their local area.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Post your personal information - whether it's yours or something else's, sharing any information publicly will be at your own risk. If you need to send some information to help with your query always send it via a private message to us or using the relevant online contact form.
- Advertise your product or services on our page.
- Swear or use threatening abusive language, your comment(s) will be removed.
- Spam our social media profiles with the same message multiple times.
If we feel that a user isn't following the community rules, we reserve the right to remove comment(s) or ban their social media account.
We share content that will benefit our communities in Adur and Worthing, including from other social media accounts which provide relevant information to our work as local authorities, or whose information will be beneficial and relevant to our followers/subscribers.
As part of this, we will try to support local and national campaigns too.
A follow, like or share of content from a non Council managed social media account does not mean that we endorse that account, product or brand.
Please do not be offended if we do not:
- Like your content
- Reshare your content
- Follow you back on social media
It does not mean we are not interested in your content - at times we receive high volume of notifications and are unable to react to all requests.
We may have to block your account if:
- You've broken one or more of our community rules
- You've spammed our social media accounts
- You've heavily promoted a product or service on our social media page
If you notice that we have unfollowed you on social media, please do not take personal offence.
If you have any queries, please contact our Comms Team at:
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Social Media Enquiries
Public Relations & Communications
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 22 August 2018