Matters we cannot control

It is important to note that there are a number of matters that cannot be controlled by Planning.

In this respect a number of alterations to a dwelling house can be undertaken without planning permission (known as permitted development rights).

The Planning Portal is the government's online planning resource. For detailed guidance about how properties can be altered or extended without the need for planning permission please see the:

Other matters are not controlled by planning legislation but are civil matters. For instance, there may be a restrictive covenant on a property restricting the storage of caravans in the front garden; however, this is not a breach of planning control.

See also:

Back to top

Page last updated: 07 September 2018

Back to top