Church House Grounds
Church House Grounds is in the heart of Tarring lying between the Church of St. Andrew to the north and Tarring recreation ground to the south. The nearest road where free on street parking is Church Road, Tarring.
The site is flat and mostly turf with ornamental planting and some lovely mature trees, Church House Grounds is a quiet and peaceful place where bowls and tennis are played. It is often used as a walk through by local residents and has tarmac paving running across the site linking up with Tarring Recreation Ground.
There are public conveniences at this site open to the public from 9:30am to dusk every day, which are located at the Bowls Pavilion.
Tarring Priory Bowls Club sell season tickets and make their own arrangements for allocating play on the bowling greens.
Daily play will still take place and the public can make arrangements direct with the bowling clubs and pay their fee to play bowls daily.
Mats, shoe hire and jacks will be available for those who wish to turn up and play.
Should anybody not be able to play due to there being no bowling club official in attendance, please contact the Parks Group and we will pass on your details to the bowls clubs so they can make arrangements with you direct.
The current charges for bowls for 2018/2019 are (prices are reviewed annually and are subject to an annual increase in April, prices correct as at 01-04-2018):
- Adult season - £130.00
- New season ticket holder/12 week ticket (end of season) - £75.00
- Casual session ticket - £7.50
- Group use per rink - £28.00
- Club use per rink - £14.50
- Disabled group discount - 50% of group charge
- 2 hour ticket - £5.50
- EBA affiliated competition fee - £4.50
- There is no charge for Junior season play
Church House Grounds bowling greens are open each day, April to October, as follows:
- Mondays: 10:00am to dusk
- Tuesdays: 12.30pm to dusk
- Wednesdays to Sundays: 10:00am to dusk
South Downs Leisure, through Field Place, manage the tennis courts at Church House Grounds.
Tennis is playable all year round on the two outdoor tennis courts.
Charges for 2018/2019 are as follows:
- FIT4 members:
- Free - 9:00am to 6:00pm weekdays
- Free - all day at weekends
- £6.00 - after 6:00pm weekdays
- £8.00 - for adult non-members all times
- £4.00 - for junior non-members all times
(Prices are reviewed annually and are subject to an annual increase in April, prices correct as at 01-04-2018).
Church House Grounds tennis courts are open each day as follows:
- Summer booking times - 9:00am to 9:00pm, everyday
- Winter booking times - to be confirmed
Bookings can be made either:
- over the phone - 01903 90 50 50, extension 2037
- or in person at Field Place reception, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1NP
Once the court has been booked and paid for the current access code will be issued for the padlock on the gate.
Contact Parks Group
Adur & Worthing Councils,
9 Commerce Way,
Lancing Business Park,