Archaeology and conservation
West Sussex County Council recognises the historic importance of the land and buildings in the county. They employ archaeologists who can advise on the archaeological importance of any site that has been identified for redevelopment.
For more details see:
There are also many listed buildings and conservation areas within Adur and Worthing which have their own special protection.
For location maps and descriptions of the buildings of the conservation areas please see:
- Architecture.com (RIBA)
- National Archives
- English Heritage's National Monuments Record (NMR)
- Researching historic buildings in the British Isles
- Sussex Industrial Archaeology Society
- Sussex Past - The Sussex Archaeological Society
- Marlipins Museum, Shoreham-by-Sea
- West Sussex County Record Office and archives
- East Sussex:
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
West Sussex County Council
Page last updated: 05 December 2023