Democratic Services - Privacy Notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur & Worthing Councils are the data controllers (referred to as 'we' or 'us') of your personal data for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation.
To exercise your rights under the GDPR, Adur and Worthing Councils' Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
- Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In relation to your personal data we are committed to collecting, using and protecting it appropriately.
This privacy notice explains:
- How and why we collect and use your personal data
- The type of personal data that we collect
- When and why we will share personal data with other organisations
- The rights and choices you have in relation to the personal data that we hold about you
As the data subject, you have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Further information about your rights is available on the website of the Information Commissioner's Office. If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
How long the information is kept for
Your personal data will not be kept longer than necessary and in accordance with Adur & Worthing Councils' disposal schedule.
Why we need your Personal Data
The purpose of processing your personal data is for us to administer and support the service for which you have submitted your personal data.
Democratic Services consists of these general areas:
- Committee Administration for Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council
- Governance advice
- Member Support to elected representatives of Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council
- Support to the Civic Head of Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council
We are relying upon the lawful basis for processing under Article 6(1) as Public Task.
What we collect and how it is used
- Contact details - personal mobile/personal email address
- Details of your request, enquiry or question
This information is used for
- Registering you to speak at a meeting
- Contacting your elected member
- Contacting you to assist in your enquiry
- Progressing your invite to the Chairman of Adur District Council or the Mayor of Worthing Borough Council
We may share your Personal Data with the following organisations and for the following reasons
Data may be shared internally with officers working for or councillors elected to Adur District Council or Worthing Borough Council, for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry or question.
- Your personal data may be converted ('anonymised') into statistical or aggregated data in such a way that ensures that you cannot be identified from it. Aggregated data cannot, by definition, be linked back to you as an individual and may be used to conduct research and analysis, including the preparation of statistics for use in reports.
Consequences of failing to provide Personal Data
- If you choose not to provide us with your personal data, we will be unable to satisfy your request to:
- (a) speak at a meeting
- (b) have a representative attend your event or
- (c) deal with your request/enquiry.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, or use your personal data please:
- Telephone Democratic Services on 01903 239999
- Email us on email@example.com
- Committee meetings and governance for Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council
- Councillors / members (elected representatives) and Leaders of Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council
- Civic Heads of Adur District Council (Chairman) and Worthing Borough Council (Mayor)
Contact Democratic Services
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,