Democratic Services Support Team
The Democratic Services section is responsible for supporting Councillors in their work as an elected Member of the Council.
All Officers in the team give direct support to all Councillors, for particular areas the team is split into two:
This team directly manages the Executive and Non-Executive meetings for both Councils including:
- Managing and publishing the agenda and papers for official meetings
- Giving procedural advice to members of the public, Councillors and Council Officers for meetings, public speaking at meetings, petitions etc.
- Attend to note the decisions taken at formal meetings and producing a set of minutes (or record of decision(s) of an Executive meeting)
- Co-ordinating the publication of Individual or Joint Executive Member decisions
More details of the procedures can be found in the Council Procedure Rules within the Constitution (see link under 'see also' below).
This team directly supports the Chairman of Adur District Council and the Mayor of Worthing Borough Council:
- Co-ordination and management of the Official Engagement Diaries
- Civic Head advice on protocols
- Civic event support and advice
If you require any information about our roles please contact us.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Page last updated: 10 October 2019