Worthing Executive member for Environment
What does this Executive Member do?
Executive Member for Environment: Portfolio
Responsibility for the following delegated functions
- Waste collection and recycling.
- Street cleaning.
- Streetscene, including abandoned vehicles, bus shelters, enforcement, street names and numbering, road name plates, street furniture.
- Environmental protection, including noise, food hygiene, land drainage, pest control, air quality.
- Environmental management and strategy.
- Highways liaison.
- Cemeteries and burials.
- Crematorium (Worthing)
- Leisure Centre Site Management.
- Parks and ground maintenance, including allotments and dog control.
- On and off-street car parking.
- Public conveniences.
- Energy management and sustainability.
- Transport (maintenance).
- Cultural Projects and public entertainment events (not covered by the licensing functions, with a potential attendance of 500) to enhance the Borough's cultural offer to residents and visitors.
- Client for South Downs Leisure Trust and management of Worthing Leisure facilities and sites.
Onward limits on delegations
The Executive Member for the Environment may delegate to:
1. An officer.
Executive Representation on Outside Bodies
Federation of Burial and Cremation Authorities - Executive Committee.
Worthing Unified Bowls Tournament.
Specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member
The specific responsibilities and functions delegated to this Executive Member are set out in detail in Part 3 of the Worthing Borough Council Constitution.
Membership - Executive Member
Reports and Decisions
Contact Democratic Services
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,