Apply for an animal boarding licence

You need a licence if your business provides accommodation for other people's cats or dogs. This includes:

  • catteries
  • kennels
  • dog day care boarding
  • home boarding

Please read the guidance carefully before submitting your application.

For a full list of criteria and to find out if this applies to you please see the relevant guidance notes below:

To apply for a licence please complete one of the forms below:

To find out how much a licence costs please see:

Report an unlicensed establishment

It is an offence to board animals without the appropriate licence. As part of the licence application process we inspect premises to ensure they are suitable and the necessary arrangements are in place to protect both the animals and the public.

If you are concerned that a business is operating without a licence please contact the Public Health & Regulation team.

You may also be interested in:

Back to top

Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:

Page last updated: 09 May 2023

Back to top