Human Resources - Recruitment Privacy Notice
What this Privacy Notice covers
Adur & Worthing Councils are the data controllers (referred to in this notice as 'we' or 'us') of your personal data for the purposes of applicable data protection legislation in relation to recruitment, within Adur & Worthing Councils.
The Councils' Data Protection Officer can be contacted at:
- Adur & Worthing Councils
Worthing Town Hall
- Email: email@example.com
In relation to your personal data, we are committed to collecting, using and protecting it appropriately. This privacy notice explains:
- How and why we collection and use your personal data
- The type of personal data that we collect:
- When and why we will share personal data with other organisations
- The rights and choices you have in relation to the personal data that we hold about you
Why we need your personal data
The purpose of obtaining your personal data is to process applications for employment within Adur & Worthing Councils, including shortlisting and interview processes.
The legal basis for processing your data is:
- Article 6(1) b namely contract of employment
and where you are providing sensitive data (eg any health / disability details) the legal basis for processing your data is:
- Article 9 (2) b of the General Data Protection regulation namely processing for the purposes in the field of employment law
What we collect and how it is used
Contact details, previous employment history, reference contacts, identification, date of birth, declaration of any criminal convictions, driving status, relationship with any current employee’s, equal opportunities/diversity data.
References are requested from the details you provide only on the acceptance of employment.
The information you supply to us will be used by HR and recruiting managers and nominated administration officers for shortlisting, based on your suitability to the role and inviting you to interview via contact details you provide.
For applications for posts in our Revenues & Benefits department a check will be made on our internal Revenues & Benefits database to ensure that applicants do not owe substantial sums of money to the Councils or have a previous history of fraud as this is likely to preclude applicants from being invited for interview
For successful applicants the personal data you have provided will be used for the purposes of your contract of employment with the councils.
We will not provide personal data to anyone else or use the data about you for any other purpose unless the law allows or requires us to.
We may share personal data with other other departments within the Councils and external organisations in the following circumstances:
- For law enforcement, criminal prosecutions and Court proceedings
- If we need to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including the prevention and detection of fraud or protecting public interests
Your personal data may be converted ('anonymised’) into statistical or aggregated data in such a way as to ensure that you are not identified or identified from it. Aggregated data can’t, by definition, be linked back to you as an individual. This data might be used to conduct research and analysis, including to prepare statistical research and reports.
How long the information is kept for
Records are kept in accordance with the our disposal schedule and we will not keep your information for longer than necessary.
You have certain rights under UK Data Protection law including:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access to your personal data
- The right of rectification (to have any inaccuracies corrected)
- The right of erasure (to have your records deleted)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you have a concern about the way that we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you contact us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we collect, store, or use personal data please
- Telephone us on 01903 263116
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to us at:
- Human Resources Department,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Worthing Town Hall,
- Human Resources Department,
Need assistance? Get in touch:
Job application forms
Problem with this page?
Page last updated: 29 March 2021