How to apply
Thank you for your interest in working for Adur & Worthing Councils. All our vacancies can be viewed online:
If you are asked to apply via application form, the most important part of your application form is the 'supporting information relevant to your application' section.
You need to show how you meet all the essential criteria within the person specification in this section. We shortlist based on this information so if you don't provide evidence of how you meet the criteria (giving examples of how you have demonstrated them in the past), your application is unlikely to be shortlisted.
We don't accept applications from job agencies.
We hope that our jobs pages provide the information you need but if you would like further information on any of our vacancies please contact either:
- the manager for the particular vacancy (as shown on the job advert)
- our HR team at email@example.com
Please submit your application form or CV (whatever is specified in the job advert) by the end of the closing date.
Your application will be reviewed after the closing date and if you are shortlisted you will be contacted via email.
Due to volume of applications, we are not always able to contact those who are unsuccessful at shortlisting. You can assume you have been unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date.
Adur & Worthing Councils is a Disability Confident employer and warmly welcomes applications from people with disabilities or who identify as having a disabling barrier, such as autism or dyslexia.
All applicants who indicate that they have a disability and meet the essential criteria for a role will be interviewed.
We have many benefits for our staff, including:
- A generous leave entitlement for staff, starting at five weeks (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Three days of volunteering leave per year
- A focus on work-life balance with:
- Five days of 'special paid leave' that can be used for any caring emergencies
- Access to a local government pension
- A focus on development, with over £180k spent each year on training for our staff
- Support for your mental health with:
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders in the workplace
- An Employee Assistance Programme with guidance on a range of topics and paid-for counselling sessions
- Support for your physical health, with:
- Eyesight tests
- On site affordable massage and reflexology
- Staff discounts and offers, including discounts on leisure centre membership
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Job application forms
Page last updated: 30 March 2021