Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Instagram

Private Rented Accommodation

I am looking for accommodation to rent

There are a number of places you can look to try to find rented accommodation in the private sector. These range from Letting Agencies, adverts in shop windows or in the property pages of newspapers or by word of mouth from family or friends. However, if you need help or advice please contact us.

How much does it cost to rent a property in the private sector?

If you rent accommodation through a letting agency, you will usually need to pay agency fees, rent in advance to cover the first month and a deposit. The deposit is usually the equivalent of four to six weeks rent.

Can the Council help me with rent in advance, deposit or agency fees?

You may be able to get help with a crisis loan for rent in advance or in some cases, the Council can help you. However, you will need to find the money to pay any fees and certain checks need to be carried out before the Council can provide financial assistance to you. Any assistance provided is discretionary.

For more information about private rented accommodation, see private renting on the website.