When we take action on empty properties

The councils will take action in respect of properties that are either:

  • Seriously detrimental to the amenity of the area:
    If you are concerned about the appearance of the property, including the gardens, then you can report this to the Planning Enforcement team.
  • Prejudicial to the public health or a statutory nuisance:
    If you are concerned that the house and land is harbouring vermin such as rats or mice, then you can report this to Public Health & Regulation.

Are you aware of an empty property?

If you want to tell us about an empty property you can let Private Sector Housing know by emailing:

See also:

Back to top

Page last updated: 21 March 2024

Back to top