Your Internet Explorer is out of date

You are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer which the Adur & Worthing Councils' website does not support.

This is an out of date web browser, and also potentially insecure. You should upgrade your browser for free to at least Internet Explorer 9 to use this website, or consider another web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube Instagram

Help with paying rent

See also:

I cannot pay my rent

If you are in arrears or cannot pay your rent, Housing Services can carry out a benefit check to make sure you are receiving the correct benefits.

Even if you are working you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit.

Back to top

My benefits have stopped

You should firstly contact the Housing Benefit department to find out why your benefit has stopped. Sometimes it is because you have not responded to information requested or because your income or benefit has changed.

If you need advice because you are no longer entitled to any Housing Benefit and you cannot afford to pay your rent, please contact us.

Back to top

My rent has gone up

We need to find out whether the rent increase your landlord is asking has been correctly implemented.

If you are receiving Housing Benefit, this will not automatically increase just because your landlord wants a higher rent.

Back to top

My partner has left and I cannot pay the rent

Please contact us for advice to see what help may be available to you.

See also: I have split up from my partner

Back to top