Professional Development Funding
If you are a local small or medium sized business (SME) you may be eligible to apply for funding from Adur & Worthing Councils to provide apprenticeship training to your staff.
The funding is available to pay for apprenticeship course fees, with a wide variety of courses spanning all sectors available, including Health and Social Care, Leadership, Engineering and Customer Services. Starting at GCSE level, courses go up to master degrees, and there is also the option to fund an MBA.
Apprenticeships are not just for school leavers or for entry level jobs; they can also offer robust, high quality development for people at all levels of a business.
You can search for apprenticeships on the Institute for Apprenticeships website:
Candidates applying for funding can request it through the online transfer fund:
We will award funding to SMEs that:
- Are situated in the Adur and Worthing area
- Have evidence of involvement in partnership networks in Adur and Worthing, ie Federation of Small Businesses, Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce
- Demonstrate how the professional development will bring growth for the individual and the organisation, and can explain why this course is needed at this moment in time
- Show a positive impact in Adur and Worthing, related to the economic strategy. Favourable sectors include:
- creative and digital
- care (especially level 4 care and above)
- manufacturing and engineering
If you are granted this funding, you will need to adhere to the Councils' Terms and Conditions:
Please note that the levy funding is administered through Adur District Council, but is for organisations in both the Adur and Worthing area.
Apprenticeship levy transfer funding
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) offers an apprenticeship training fund.
For more information and the application form please see:
You can read our Privacy Notice below:
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Economic Development, Place & Economy
Page last updated: 07 November 2022