Business Rates: Small Business Rate Relief (SBRR)
You can get Small Business Rate Relief if:
- your property's Rateable Value is less than £15,000
- you only have one business property and it’s occupied
- you're not entitled to another mandatory relief
You may also be entitled to Small Business Rate Relief if you have more than one property, but relief can only be awarded in respect of one property.
Relief cannot be awarded for an unoccupied property, or if mandatory charitable rate relief has been awarded.
How much relief you are eligible to receive depends on the Rateable Value of your property:
- if your business property has a Rateable Value of £12,000 or less relief will be 100%
- for properties with a Rateable Value of between £12,001 and £14,999 relief will reduce gradually from 100% to 0%
- no relief can be awarded for properties with a Rateable Value of £15,000 or more
If you use more than one property
You will still qualify for relief if:
- the Rateable Value for each additional property is less than £2,900
- the total Rateable Value for all properties is less than £20,000
Check your property's Rateable Value:
To apply for relief please complete and return an application form:
Tell us about any changes
If you are awarded Small Business Rate Relief you need to contact us immediately if you subsequently become responsible for a second business property, so we can check whether you are still entitled to relief.
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Adur Business Rates
Worthing Business Rates
Page last updated: 17 October 2023