Request an inspection
Site inspections are carried out Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
In the majority of cases, we offer a same day site inspection service if we receive your telephone call before 10am.
Inspections will normally be carried out between 11am to 3pm. Most of our inspections can be arranged for either morning (11am to 1pm) or afternoon (1pm to 3pm). Due to the variable nature of the time taken on individual site inspections we are unable to arrange specific appointment times.
Additionally, inspections can sometimes be tailored to meet individual needs but would need to be prearranged with one of our Building Control Surveyors and will be dependent on availability.
Inspections can be requested at any stage of the work by either the owner or the builder but must be made for the following:
- Commencement of work (48 hours notice)
- Excavation of foundations before concreting
- Foundations when constructed
- Damp proof course (DPC) when laid
- Oversite floor area (prior to being concreted over)
- Drains (before backfilling)
- Drains (after backfilling)
- Prior to occupation (five working days notice)
- Completion of work
The following inspections also normally form part of the inspection process:
- Floor structure
- Roof structure
- Structural beams and supporting elements
Please note: requesting an inspection doesn't automatically confirm a site inspection booking - you will need to be contacted by us for confirmation of the visit.
You can request an inspection in the following ways:
online: please complete and submit the form below:
- Building Control,
Adur & Worthing Councils
44 Richmond Road,
- 01903 221385 (for an inspection on the same day the call must be made before 10:00am)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (must be received the day before the visit is required)
Please provide the following information when requesting an inspection:
- Site address
- Application number if known
- Contact number
- Date inspection required
- Stage of work
- Any additional information, ie 'working at rear of property'
Delay in work? Please cancel your booking
In the event that an inspection has been booked but the work has been delayed, please contact us to cancel the appointment as soon as possible to avoid a wasted journey.
Contact Building Control
The Building Control Partnership,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,