Common building projects
By following the link below you will find planning and building regulations guidance for many common building work projects for the home.
You can also read case studies outlining people's real experience of tackling a number of the projects.
If you require any further information please contact us.
The guides below give information on extending your home and renovating your property:
- Building Conversions - A beginner's guide to property conversion - on the guide to converting your property website
- Extensions - A homeowner's guide to expanding your living space - on the extending your home website
- Planning a home improvement project - on the LABC Front Door website
These guides are also available as PDFs:
- LABC - Extensions - a homeowner's guide to extending your living space (1,915KB)
- LABC Guide to renovating your home (8,152KB)
The Planning Portal website lists common building projects:
See also ...
The following external websites offer useful information and advice about party walls:
For advice on preventing pollution to our beaches and local rivers see:
The following designers and builders are registered with us through the LABC partnership scheme.
Whilst we are not able to recommend anyone, if you are planning to build a new home or extend, convert or renovate your existing one, they are able to produce planning and building regulations drawings for you and submit them to us on your behalf.
Links to their website have been provided if available where you can find their contact details and information about what they can offer, or a phone number/email address is given if no website is available.
- CG Design: 01903 243 741
- ECE Architecture (website)
- Finola Brady Architectural Services (website)
- Paula Philp Architecture: 07506 147 058
- PB Properties (website)
- Richard Robinson Architects (website)
- Shear Architectural Design Ltd (website)
- DCB Carpentry: 01903 525701
- iWorks Ltd (website)
- James Roofing: 01903 693468 or 07765 347 404
- JB Carpentry & Construction (website)
- M. Jupp Construction (website)
- Malley Carpentry and Building (website
- Samuel's Loft Conversions (website)
- Southern Property Solutions
- Spendex Construction
For more about the LABC Partnership Scheme see:
- What is the LABC Partner Authority Scheme? (on the LABC website)
- Designers and Builders - Are you an LABC partner? (on the LABC website)
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Page last updated: 17 January 2023