Common building projects
By following the link below you will find planning and building regulations guidance for many common building work projects for the home.
You can also read case studies outlining people's real experience of tackling a number of the projects.
If you require any further information please contact us.
Adur & Worthing Councils also have a booklet containing information about extending your home - an online version is available below:
The Planning Portal website lists common building projects:
(with an interactive house, terraced house and mini guides)
See also ...
The following external websites offer useful information and advice about party walls:
The following designers and builders are registered with us through the LABC partnership scheme.
Whilst we are not able to recommend anyone, if you are planning to build a new home or extend, convert or renovate your existing one, they are able to produce planning and building regulations drawings for you and submit them to us on your behalf.
Links to their website have been provided if available where you can find their contact details and information about what they can offer, or a phone number/email address is given if no website is available.
- BSB Party Wall and Architectural Services, Steve Barrett (website)
- CG Design 01903 243741
- ECE architecture (website)
- Paula Philp architecture 07506 147058
- Richard Robinson Architects (website)
- DCB Carpentry 01903 525701
- M. Jupp Construction (website)
- Miller Redshaw (website)
- Southern Property Solutions (website)
- PG Property (website)
For more about the LABC Partnership Scheme see:
- What is the LABC Partner Authority Scheme? (on the LABC website)
- Designers and Builders - Are you an LABC partner? (on the LABC website)
Contact Building Control
The Building Control Partnership,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,