Common building projects

Local Authority Building Control (LABC)

Extending your home - do you need permission?

By following the link below you will find planning and building regulations guidance for many common building work projects for the home.

You can also read case studies outlining people's real experience of tackling a number of the projects.

If you require any further information please contact us.

The guides below give information on extending your home and renovating your property:

These guides are also available as PDFs:

The Planning Portal website lists common building projects:

See also ...

Back to top

Party wall information

The following external websites offer useful information and advice about party walls:

Back to top

Are my drains correctly connected?

For advice on preventing pollution to our beaches and local rivers see:

Back to top

Registered designers and builders

Local Authority Building Control (LABC) Partner Authority Scheme

The following designers and builders are registered with us through the LABC partnership scheme.

Whilst we are not able to recommend anyone, if you are planning to build a new home or extend, convert or renovate your existing one, they are able to produce planning and building regulations drawings for you and submit them to us on your behalf.

Links to their website have been provided if available where you can find their contact details and information about what they can offer, or a phone number/email address is given if no website is available.


Listed alphabetically:


Listed alphabetically:

For more about the LABC Partnership Scheme see:

Back to top

Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:

Building Control

Telephone01903 221068 or 01903 221385 or 01903 221418

EmailEmail this service (

Full contact detailsFull contact details (Building Control)

Page last updated: 17 January 2023

Back to top