Tell us about a change

You must tell us if there is a change to the information you have previously provided as soon as possible, as it may affect the benefits you are entitled to.

Some of the changes you should tell us about:

  • you move
  • someone moves into or out of where you live
  • you get married
  • you separate or divorce
  • your child leaves school
  • you stop receiving Child Benefit
  • you take in a lodger
  • you start or stop work, or your earnings change
  • there is a change to any other income you have
  • you start or stop receiving benefits
  • your savings change
  • your rent changes

This is not a complete list. If you're not sure please tell us anyway.

You can tell us about a change in your circumstances online using our benefits contact form:

Tell us you're moving house

If you are moving house and your landlord is Adur Homes, Worthing Homes or Turning Tides, and there is no other change to your circumstances, please complete the correct form from those below and return it to us as soon as possible:

If you are a private tenant or your landlord is another Housing Association, please complete a new claim form:

Information for landlords

If you are a landlord and we pay Housing Benefit directly to you, you must tell us of any changes in your tenant's circumstances as soon as you become aware of them.

Back to top

Page last updated: 13 May 2024

Back to top