Transfer Incentive Scheme - receive up to £5,000
Note: Applications will not normally be accepted from tenants were the council has commenced legal proceedings in connection with the rent or service charges debt. Where there is any debt of rent, court fees, or re-charges outstanding these will be deducted from the downsizing incentive payment.
Are you a council tenant in family sized accommodation that is bigger than you need?
- Is it expensive to heat?
- Is the garden difficult to manage?
- Are you having difficulty paying your rent?
- Would you be prepared to transfer from a house to a flat?
If the answer is yes then the Council could help with finding you a more suitable property and giving you an incentive payment of up to £5,000.
Those who can apply:
- Council tenants of 4 bedroom houses or maisonettes who wish to move to a 1 or 2 bedroom flat = £5,000
- Council tenants of 3 bedroom houses, maisonettes or flats who wish to move to a 1 bedroom flat = £3,500
- Council tenants of 2 bedroom houses who wish to move to a 1 bedroom flat = £2,500
- Moving from a 3 bedroom property to a 2 bedroom flat = £1,500
- Moving from a 2 bedroom flat or maisonette to a 1 bedroom flat = £1,500
For more information please contact your housing officer by calling:
- 01273 263030
- or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Adur Homes Tenancy Services
Adur Homes Tenancy Services,
Adur & Worthing Councils,
44 Richmond Road,