Apply for the Transfer Incentive Scheme
Are you an Adur Homes tenant living in a family-sized property that has more bedrooms than you need? Perhaps you are finding it expensive to heat, the garden difficult to manage or are struggling to pay your rent?
Under our Transfer Incentive Scheme you could receive an incentive payment of up to £5,000 for transferring to a smaller property that is more suitable to your needs.
Who can apply and how much you could receive
You can apply for the Transfer Incentive Scheme if you are an Adur Homes tenant with:
- a four-bedroom house or maisonette wanting to move to a one or two-bedroom flat = £5,000 incentive payment
- a three-bedroom house, maisonette or flat wanting to move to a one-bedroom flat = £3,500 incentive payment
- a two-bedroom house wanting to move to a one-bedroom flat = £2,500 incentive payment
- a three-bedroom property wanting to move to a two-bedroom flat = £1,500 incentive payment
- a two-bedroom flat or maisonette wanting to move to a one-bedroom flat = £1,500 incentive payment
Note: Applications will not normally be accepted from tenants where the Council has commenced legal proceedings in connection with any rent or service charge arrears. Any debts owed to the Council, including rent, court fees or re-charges will be deducted prior to payment of the remaining incentive payment balance.
Find out more
For more information please contact your Housing Officer by:
- calling 01273 263030
- or emailing email@example.com
Need assistance with this service?
Get in touch:
Housing Tenancy Services
Page last updated: 12 August 2022