Roadworks, travel news and road closures

Travel news:

Street/road closures:

See also:

Roadworks and travel news

Roadworks and travel news (and contact details) for West Sussex is available on the West Sussex County Council website:

See also:

Live traffic information updates and camera feeds (jam cams)

The Highways Agency and BBC websites offer live traffic news updates and also offers links to traffic cameras so you can see current traffic and weather conditions:

The AA and RAC also offer live traffic information on their websites:

Back to top

Rail travel news

Changes to services or delays can be found on the following rail operator websites (along with their contact details):

Main local train operator:

Other train operators:

Back to top

Local road closures

Apply for a temporary road closure or street diversion

Before you make an application please see:

See also: 

Make an application:

Applications currently cost £100.00 for streets in Adur or Worthing.

To apply for a temporary road closure or street diversion please use our online form, you can either print and post your application with payment by cheque or pay securely online by debit or credit card.

To enquire about making a temporary road closure or street diversion for an event please e-mail:

Upcoming street closures

Markets (Farmers', Artisans', French and Italian)

Back to upcoming street closures or Back to top

Other events: Festivals, carnivals, Christmas, bonfire and fireworks, Remembrance, street parties, etc

  • None scheduled at the moment ...

Back to upcoming street closures or Back to top

Organising an event that requires a road closure

If you are looking to organise an event then please refer to the guidance blow before you make an application:

Street Parties / Road Closures

Street parties and fetes are a traditional part of community life; they are a simple way for us to get to know our neighbours and meet members of our community. Adur District Council and Worthing Borough Council support the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in the Government’s initiative in making it easier to hold street parties and fetes.

Street closures and road closures (for events)

You cannot legally stop vehicles entering or driving down a road unless a road closure order is in place. To apply for a road closure please use the online form or download and complete the application form below. There is a £100 application fee which is refundable if the road closure is not granted.

If you need to apply for the closure of a street or road in Worthing or Adur for an event, please note that the council takes eight weeks to process an application for a street closure and therefore applicants need to plan ahead.

Each application must be supported with the £100 fee (made out to Adur District Council) and a street plan showing the road closure.

Public Liability Insurance

The Council recommend that you have Public Liability Insurance of £5,000,000. Please see attachment below for more information.


Arrangements to borrow the necessary signage can be made through Worthing Borough Council from the Worthing Town Hall, Chapel Road, Worthing.

Organisers should email:

See also: 

Need more information or advice?

To enquire about making a temporary road closure or street diversion for an event please e-mail:

Road closure notices

For details of road closure notices please see our Upcoming Road Closures (above).

Back to local road closures or Back to top