Worthing Town Hall room booking terms
- In these conditions, unless the context otherwise requires the following expressions shall have the meanings as set out hereunder, that is to say
- 'the Council' means Worthing Borough Council;
- 'the Hirer' means the person or persons with whom the Council shall contract to hire the premises (as hereinafter defined);
- 'the premises' means the room or rooms which the Hirer has contracted to hire from the Council including all fixtures and fittings herein;
- 'the hiring fee' means the total fee payable to the Council to hire the premises calculated in accordance with the Schedule of Charges for time being in force, such charges being subject to review from time to time.
- The hiring and use of the premises is in accordance with these terms and conditions unless in any particular case the Council has agreed in writing to any variation thereof.
- The Hirer shall be deemed to have warranted to the Council that he makes the contract on his own behalf and with the authority of the association, organisation, club or such other body (as hereinafter defined) to which he belongs or is employed.
- If the Hirer shall seek to cancel the contract herein or any part thereof at any time, the Council shall be entitled to retain the sum of five pounds from any fees already paid by the Hirer in respect of its administrative costs.
- The Council reserves the right to amend the hiring fee at any time and payment of any balance due to or from the Council shall become payable for any booking after the date of such amendment albeit that the hiring fee is payable in advance.
- The Council, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel the contract herein and the Council shall refund to the Hirer any fee already paid.
- The Council will use its best endeavours to make the premises available to the Hirer but shall not be liable for any loss (whether direct, indirect or consequential) resulting from its failure to make the premises or any part thereof available where such failure arises by reason of any circumstances beyond the Council's control which without limiting the generality of the foregoing shall include breakdown of the Council's equipment, labour disputes, etc. and the Council shall, at its sole discretion, refund to the Hirer the charge already paid in whole or part.
- The Council shall not be liable for:
- any damage or loss (howsoever caused) to any property belonging to or under the control of the Hirer;
- any injury (except that caused by the negligence of the Council) to the Hirer or any other person or persons using the premises.
- The Hirer shall be liable for any loss or damage (howsoever caused) to either the premises or the fixtures and fittings therein.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for the Health and Safety of all those attending the event. In particular the Hirer shall:
- Advise the Council as soon as it knows if any of those attending the event have mobility problems (for fire evacuation).
- Make himself/herself familiar with the fire evacuation procedures before the event commences.
- Ensure that all those attending the event are aware of the fire evacuation procedures at the start of the event.
- Make suitable arrangements for the safety of those attending especially those with mobility problems and where the booking includes the use of Committee Rooms 1,2 and 3.
- The premises shall only be used for the following bodies or such other person or persons, or other bodies as may be authorised by one of the Council's Executive Heads of Service.
- private clubs;
- private organisations;
- private associations;
- statutory bodies holding public inquiries and tribunals
- The premises shall only be used for the following purposes and any other purposes as the Council by one of its Executive Heads of Services may authorise.
- public inquiries;
- judicial or quasi-judicial tribunals;
- lectures and demonstrations;
- There are no kitchen facilities. Water facilities are available in all rooms.
- Please no car parking facilities are provided for hirers. For local car parks please see the car parks page and on street parking page.
- There shall be no smoking in any part of the premises or within the curtilage of the site.
- Rooms can only be hired Monday - Friday between 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- The Hirer and all other persons duly authorised shall vacate the premises by 5:00pm.
Contact Room Bookings
Adur & Worthing Councils,
Room 22, Ground Floor,
Worthing Town Hall,